CE test looming

Hi all, not been on here as much as I would of liked over the past few weeks, got a lot on!

So, my training starts next week, 8am-12pm Tuesday, same Wednesday and a 10:15am start on Thursday with the test at 12:15pm. I’m feeling pretty confident, I know all of what I have to do in my head, just need to put it into practice. I know to remember BLACK for the couple/recouple, I need to brush up on simple procedures (mirrors etc), are there any last minute hints or tips that anyone would like to share?

Thankfully I’m quite familiar with the test centre, been there for 2 C tests and a mod 4, just hope I don’t get the bugger who failed me first go on the C, that really would dampen my spirits :frowning:

Hi tarrman im not going to give you tips because that would be hypocritical as im only a class 2 myself but you posted to some of my questions when I did my class 2 to so all im going to say is good luck with it all youll be fine just listen to what your instructor tells you and remember driving tests are easy all you have to do is look and lissen and be extra careful, I carnt wait to take the plunge and do my class 1 just need the extra cash and please when you get chance message me and let me know how it all goes will be really good for me when I take mine thanks and again good luck

Thanks samstone, I’ll probably do a write up on here if I get chance. I’ve got the training at 8am-12pm on the tuesday and then its home for a quick dinner before going off to work for a 2pm-10pm shift. Get home from that and its straight to bed and do it all again on the wednesday! So it will be quite full on, at least I get a lie in on test day :smiley:

Trailer pivot point

Middle axle if there are 3

Front axle if only 2

If only 1 axle then you can guess where the pivot point is … :laughing:

Good luck mate! , im in the same boat ,start my training monday test on thursday . Ive been working on eradicating any bad habbits, picked up driving rigids for 2 years !
cheers Mike

I thought on a double axle the pivot point would be in the middle of them? As long as I can see where the wheels are in my mirrors I should be OK. The main thing I’m worried about is lane discipline on narrow roads/roundabouts. I fear of my trailer wheels straddling other lanes (where it doesn’t allow).

And good luck Mikey d :grimacing:

ROG:
Trailer pivot point

Front axle if only 2

Really? They must have changed 2 axle trailers since I last pulled one.

dar1976:

ROG:
Trailer pivot point

Front axle if only 2

Really? They must have changed 2 axle trailers since I last pulled one.

do not follow you - why do you say that?

Pivot point is between the 2 axles. You’d have to be scrubbing the rear wheels on a tight turn to have the pivot on the front axle

dar1976:
Pivot point is between the 2 axles. You’d have to be scrubbing the rear wheels on a tight turn to have the pivot on the front axle

Must be me then because every time I watched the rear axles going back or forwards they seemed to pivot on the front of the two

Pivot point will be the centre point of any axle bogie group. Basically the point at which if you slowly drove past a bollard very close you could put full lock on and be confident you won’t hit it and on a tandem that’s between the two axles.

Own Account Driver:
Pivot point will be the centre point of any axle bogie group. Basically the point at which if you slowly drove past a bollard very close you could put full lock on and be confident you won’t hit it and on a tandem that’s between the two axles.

:slight_smile:

Glad I wasn’t imagining it :slight_smile: