Cdl hours of service

Just reading up on the usa driving hours.
11hours driving a day
30 min break before 8 hours driving
14 hours on duty
10 hours daily rest
34 hours weekly rest
So much easier to understand than ours
We should take a leaf out of there book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:
11hours driving a day
14 hours on duty
10 hours daily rest
34 hours weekly rest
We should take a leaf out of there book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You forgot Personal Use

Dont go givong anyone ideas about 34 hours weekly rest.
I think 45 should be extend to 48 2 full days personally

mark1284:
11 hours driving a day
14 hours on duty
10 hours daily rest
34 hours weekly rest

The only change I would make to that is
30 min break before 4 hours driving

Simplify our present rules? Gotta be good.

If it’s safe to drive 10hrs twice a week, Why is it not safe 3 times a week? Or 5?

It is currently ok to start, do a 4hr30 drive, 9hr off, and another two 4.30s split with a 45min break. 13hr30 driving in 24hr period, finishing about 24hrs from your start time. Is that sensible, or safe?

24 weekly rest? Should be 35 minimum. 11hrs plus 24 to prevent an ‘instant shift change’ between day/night.

Other verses from me singing “If I Ruled The World” available on YouTube shortly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

edd1974:
Dont go givong anyone ideas about 34 hours weekly rest.
I think 45 should be extend to 48 2 full days personally

I miss the old 36 hour weekly rest, often makes much more sense. At least then your start times remain same. If having a bare 45 you are starting work the same time you finished work only 2 days previous putting ones body clock all over the place

Franglais:
Simplify our present rules? Gotta be good.

If it’s safe to drive 10hrs twice a week, Why is it not safe 3 times a week? Or 5?

It is currently ok to start, do a 4hr30 drive, 9hr off, and another two 4.30s split with a 45min break. 13hr30 driving in 24hr period, finishing about 24hrs from your start time. Is that sensible, or safe?

24 weekly rest? Should be 35 minimum. 11hrs plus 24 to prevent an ‘instant shift change’ between day/night.

Other verses from me singing “If I Ruled The World” available on YouTube shortly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Id make it even simpler.

10 hours daily drive up to 6 days a week. 5 hours drive then 1 hour break, or can have two 30 minute breaks in the 5. 12 hours work 12 hours rest. 36 or 48 weekly rest. Sorted!

Personally I reckon it

My tuppence worth, get rid of 9hrs rest, rolling week reinstated, 12hrs rest daily, still do a 15hr day, but 12hrs off, 48 off every two weeks, minum 24 off between each 48hr, leave the 45min after 4half, and keep the 6hour rule as well, and get rid of poa.

I’d have up to 10 hours driving per day, 55 hours in a week, 90 hours a fortnight.

I’d have 30m break to extend the driving period to 6h30m from max four hours then 2nd 30m break allow remaining driving time to be driven, provided a break of 30m is taken at least every 6 hours.

Under single manned runs I’d require a daily rest period of a minimum of 11 hours.
A “day” shall be not less than 21 hours and no more than 27 hours, i.e duties starting the following day irrespective of how long the previous one was shall be no earlier the 3 hours before the time of the previous days start time and not later than 3 hours later than that time.

Duties starting on the following day would be plus or minus 6 hours, and so on.

There would be no obligation for drivers to take breaks as short as 30 minutes (this would be the minimum allowed) and they shall not be penalised for having breaks upto 45 minutes, so while planned breaks might be stated as 45 minutes for example a driver could choose should they wish and felt safe to do so having 30 minutes.
Double manned runs would have a total of 20 hours driving time per “day” of upto 34 hours.

In addition to the above I’d have the weekly rest period begin no later than 156 hours after the end of the previous weekly rest and a minimum 33 hours off followed by a minimum of 54 the following week.

Another thing I’d like to see mirrors coach rules. When on tour a coach driver can work 12 days straight, should be same for truck drivers who tramp, maybe on international work only

switchlogic:
Another thing I’d like to see mirrors coach rules. When on tour a coach driver can work 12 days straight, should be same for truck drivers who tramp, maybe on international work only

If it’s safe for coach drivers, it must be equally so for truck drivers.

Exactly