CD10?

first job with co op in ■■■■■■■■■■■ last night so i had the usual licence check etc. he noticed a CD10 and asked what that was. i said i couldnt remember but it was an RTA (speeder hit me, couldnt prove he was speeding so it went against me) and he said i dont think we can use you :open_mouth:
i can understand DR offences which stay on your licence for 10 years but a minor offence? most places allow up to 6 points (except for DRs) so what is the deal with this one?

incidentally, in this case he was very much mistaken as my response was ‘yes you can, check the date, its expired! i have a clean licence’
im not paying £19 to have the points taken off when they mean nothing now anyway and it lets me gauge the kind of people i am working for. if, like this one, they dont check the date then i cant be arsed listening to what they have to say. reg, trailer number, destination, save the rest of it cos iv stopped listening. bye bye! :laughing:

I had a CD30 before and that was for a careless driving offence. You say you dont want to pay £19 to remove them but £19 is the diff between a job and not getting a job so maybe worth doing?

The Co-Op still as slow, used to start in there everyday Mon-Fri 1500 typically stand about waiting till about 1800 to get a run, then it would be a single or double drop in Edinburgh usually Leith area.

Allright in the summer, seeing all the birds out and about in Edinburgh lol

scottishcruiser:
I had a CD30 before and that was for a careless driving offence. You say you dont want to pay £19 to remove them but £19 is the diff between a job and not getting a job so maybe worth doing?

Either that or move back in with your parents or a friend change your licence, then move straight back home again change your licence again :smiling_imp:

CD10 is Driving without due care and attention

i didnt lose the job mate. i ran up to dalcross last night with the satisfaction of making an arse of him because he didnt read the information in front of him. it expired 2 years ago. not my fault he cant see the woods for the trees :laughing:

Kenny, thats how i got rid of the other 3 points i had (SP10 i think? speeding in a truck). when i got my digi a couple of years ago i had to send my licence off to change address and get a photocard licence. they took my 3 points off for free and i got my photocard for free :laughing:

i got rid of points like that too! its amazing how many times ive moved back with parents over the years :exclamation: :smiley: :wink:

When i sat my class 2 i had about 15 points from over the years. I had one set of points which could be removed in 3 days after i sat my test.

I passed my test and the examiner took my licence off me, i said can i not just keep it send it off myself, he said nah i’ll do it for you, i said well really like these points off, he said don’t worry by the time they get the licence the time will be up and they will be removed.

Was a bit peeved off and the licence came back with three points still on it :frowning:

My licence went off to DVLA last week to have my points removed, worst on there being a CD10. The strangest being an MS60… hehe… find out what that one means.

SWraith:
My licence went off to DVLA last week to have my points removed, worst on there being a CD10. The strangest being an MS60… hehe… find out what that one means.

Offences not covered by other codes :unamused:
Prob being wet in a dry area when riding side ways on a boat whilst in the caravan on the back of a recovery truck that had been nicked or something along them lines :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DRIVING OFFENCE CODES

Rog I have just looked at the driving codes, I have a SP30 dated 29/06/06 with 3 points for a speed offence, do I take it this lasts till the 29/06/2010, a total of 4 yrs?

it will last for 3 years, the 4th year is invalid but must remain on your licence

I’ve got a current CD10 with 5 points and when I tried to hire a car in Ireland with Hertz I was told that having a CD with any amount of points meant under Hertz rules I couldn’t hire a car.

thats ridiculous. driving without due care and attention can be pretty much anything. while it may be unlikely, not indicating off a roundabout is classed as and is prosecutable as driving without due care and attention. nothing on your licence tells the reader of the incident that led to the endorsement so not indicating once is under the same code as writing a car off on a bend that you didnt slow down for. in reality the seriousness between these 2 examples is considerably different but on your licence they could come under the same thing, neither of which could cost your insurance company a penny yet may render you unemployable. interesting issue coming out of this thread

How do you get a careless driving thing on your licence, is it a fixed penality of through a court ?

My sister was stoped at a junction the road to the right has as sharp bend, its hard to see cars coming till they are basically at you, she edged out and this K-end slammed into her, her car spun about three times and both cars were written off.

Witnesses other drivers, people walking their dogs all said the other driver was hammering it, they recon about 50mph in a 30mph and my sister had no chance of seeing the guy because of the speed.

Anyways no one was charged over it, but the insurance company found in the other drivers favor because my sister pulled in front of him even though she couldnt see him because of his approach speed.

My mate who is in police said she was lucky she never got charged with driving without due care and attention he said when the traffic police attend an incident they nearly always charge someone with that these days, there is no such thing as an accident mantra.

thats almost exactly what happened to me. i was pulling out of a car park when a speeding bike came round a bend and hit me. wrote both vehicles off yet because i couldnt prove he was speeding, i was crossing his right of way. i accepted the 3 points and £165 fine for driving without due care and attention. i was only TPFT so i lost my car