CCTV last job won,t release!

Well along story ,but former employer won,t release cctv footage stateing the “data protection act”. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Been to see a solicitor ,wrote them a letter requesting it ,sent it registered post.

No reply ,so the next step visit the county court and fill in the form for an enhanced disclosure.£45 cost

The footage contains an accident that i had in work.

This is a very big company. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

How do they get away with it.? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

As its CCTV containing your image then you should submit a “subject access request”. They then have 40 days to supply the footage and it is they who are in breach of the data protection act if they fail to do so.

You don’t need the advanced disclosure form.
You sue the company but in reality it’s the insurance company you deal with, They will sort out the disclosure malarky for you.
Just get one of those solicitors/ambulance chasers that deal with work related accidents.

They probably think you are going to sue them.

Silver_Surfer:
They probably think you are going to sue them.

Judging by the first post I think thats exactly whats going to happen.

Been on the net i requested the cctv footage back in may of this year,sent the letter registered post.

Guess what no reply , :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .

The ico (info comm office) are now involved,hopefully they take action against the company.

I know the company have destroyed it :cry: :cry: :cry:

But you reap what you sow in life!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

P.s. they will be in court .soon!

Be careful putting it on here then if going to court as things can go against you big companies big money more to loose by loosing and don’t often loose word of warning I don’t know what company, but becarefull. Ps I am an ex union rep and advised everyone not to put anything on Facebook or forums or any public domain

drivergraham:
Be careful putting it on here then if going to court as things can go against you big companies big money more to loose by loosing and don’t often loose word of warning I don’t know what company, but becarefull. Ps I am an ex union rep and advised everyone not to put anything on Facebook or forums or any public domain

That is correct. By publishing it on here you are prejudicing your own case and the company could use it against the plaintiff. No harm done at the moment but I would not add to anything on this thread. In fact I would ask the moderators to lock it. Good luck to you. :wink:

maestegboy:
Been on the net i requested the cctv footage back in may of this year,sent the letter registered post.

Guess what no reply , :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .

The ico (info comm office) are now involved,hopefully they take action against the company.

I know the company have destroyed it :cry: :cry: :cry:

But you reap what you sow in life!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

P.s. they will be in court .soon!

might as well skip the footage idea. That is long gone

As previously said, make a subject access request to the data controller of the company. It will cost you £10 and they have 40 days to reply. If the CCTV footage is gone - fair enough, but you will (should) get EVERYTHING they hold on you, including personnel records, accident reports, etc. Additionally, if it goes to court, it will stop them ‘finding’ something and producing it at the last minute.

They have done it to others working there! I know from previous experience.

It’s just amazing how they can get away with it! ! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
On the plus side the job centre staff gave me very good advice.They see it every week ,I suppose. :cry: :cry: