CB WANTED

Does anyone know where I can pick -up a good second hand cb unit without going on to ebay? Maybe one of you guys has one that you want to get rid of.

Cheers

Jase

I have to say,I’ve bought some decent rigs off E.Bay,and other than the waiting for the auction to end,you could do a lot worse.

A lad at my work usually has the odd one for sale,but alas I’m on nights this week,and won’t speak to him until next week.How desperate are you,and what type are you after?

Finally,you’re obviously not far from me,so I’ll let you know,unless you get sorted first.

Ken.

To be honest I’m not that bothered aslong as it works. I aint used one for at least 15yrs so it’s all gonna have to come back to me.

But yeah, if you hear of any then let me know, thanks.

Cheers

Jase

Why don’t you go to a shop and get the cheapest Midland you can find :question:

You will have an extreemely good set with a warranty. :exclamation:

Try to avoid the new rigs. They say they have 4watts output, but realistically they only have around 2-3. A Midland 2000/3000 or a Rotel would be better. The youths wouldn’t want to nick it and you will get at least 4w output (my Midland 3001 is pushing 7w). Couple one of these to a good twig centrally mounted (not on mirror arms) with very low SWR and you should be able to get out 6 or 7 miles, if not more. I used to have a Modulator gutter mounted on the back wall of a Scania Topline and could get almost 8 miles. Swapped the Modulator for an Orbitor and my range dropped to 3 miles.

Where to buy? Try Knights CB at www.kcb.co.uk or the grotty old filling station on the A1 (nb) just past the A47 junction.

roadking.co.uk/

cb-shack.com/shop/default.php

might get a cheap new one in one of these :wink:

The only question is why■■? Almost no-one uses them over here these days…

allikat:
The only question is why■■? Almost no-one uses them over here these days…

Cos most times we are running with someone else from our depot.
And its cheaper than using the mobile. Plus I still believe its a good way to make new mates.

There is a good C.B shop at Kirton Lindsey, if you are out that way it would be worth a look in, good for fast repairs also

Pat Hasler:
Why don’t you go to a shop and get the cheapest Midland you can find :question:

You will have an extreemely good set with a warranty. :exclamation:

I got a brand new Midland with the new truck, wasn’t impressed and shoehorned my old Harrier CBX in, it’s the size of a small house but way better :laughing: