cb radios

gickniff:

carryfast-yeti:
all the quarry lads use them

When you listen to them though you’ll wish they didn’t!

We’re alright though Nick :wink:

the most fun you can have with a cb nowadays apart from playing on the 75 etc is if your on a.m…park somewhere handy to your local anorak/trainspotters aeromodelers club,wait till some herbert trys to launch his last 5 years of solitary existance pride and joy into its maiden voyage into the nice blue sky…then with a elastic band holding down the mike key,(lazyness prevails),procceed to flick through the channels till you find the one that he is on…then watch his face as it either flys off into the sunset,or plummetts earthwards into the ground at maximum speed as your signal will completely obliterate his poxy handheld controller…sometimes its the simple things in life that are most satisfying. :smiley:

dieseldog999:
the most fun you can have with a cb nowadays apart from playing on the 75 etc is if your on a.m…park somewhere handy to your local anorak/trainspotters aeromodelers club,wait till some herbert trys to launch his last 5 years of solitary existance pride and joy into its maiden voyage into the nice blue sky…then with a elastic band holding down the mike key,(lazyness prevails),procceed to flick through the channels till you find the one that he is on…then watch his face as it either flys off into the sunset,or plummetts earthwards into the ground at maximum speed as your signal will completely obliterate his poxy handheld controller…sometimes its the simple things in life that are most satisfying. :smiley:

:laughing: you need a proper hobby :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Still have my Harrier CBX from the 80’s which my Dad brought for me. In those days it seemed everyone was using them. Went into my car and then my truck.
Still in good working order and brings back good memories.

What was the dedicated one in Swindon? :laughing: CC1? Charlie Charlie one if you got lost. :grimacing:

Casper68:
Still have my Harrier CBX from the 80’s which my Dad brought for me. In those days it seemed everyone was using them. Went into my car and then my truck.
Still in good working order and brings back good memories.

Same here cbx home base, was a bugger to fit into a VX chevette :laughing:

Plenty of tippers still use CB’s… I still have CB radio’s.

Still got my CB’s. Used to use them more off roading than anything else.

CB was ace in its hey day, i had great times on it… I have my Ham license… but have not been active for years.

I know more channels have been added and more bands also… what is the norm and what radio would you get?

My last radio was a ham radio which i used to program in the channels… I still have my cybernet beta 3000 from years ago which I would probably use if I could…

Any of you used to DX? and whats the furthest contact you had on 11meters when the skip was running :grimacing:

Superstar 360, Sigma 4 ariel and a 1kw linear burner, depending on the time of day and propagation quite often talked to a lass in Adelaide. Problem was upsetting the neighbours because of interference to their TV reception :slight_smile:

I believe some radios frequencies are now legal on SSB (side band) and some of the 19 Wallies clog up the SSB calling frequencies same as they did on the 19
Take the Amateur Foundation test and go on 2 meter for national contacts you don`t get the crap like cb,or go on other Ham bands for worldwide contacts with 10 watts of power

Most tipper firms still use them and in the quarry!!!