cb radio`s

i have been thinking about buying a cb for my wagon and i wondered how many of you guys and girls have cb`s in your wagon :question:
am i wasting my money buying one :question:
jon

99%will say yes your wasting your time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i tryed to put a poll on with no luck :blush:
jon

jon boy 100:
jon

what did you want the poll to ask ?

Don’t waste your time and money.

Instead,why not go for your M3 foundation licence on amateur radio.A lot more truck drivers are doing it these days.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15532

Also Jon,have a look at your local radio shop, (You know which one I mean!!!) and then ask yourself, ‘Do I really want to spend my hard earned,on a radio,to listen to a bunch of halfwits and music,or do I spend it on a civilised radio hobby?’

Ken M3SSQ

jon boy 100:
i have been thinking about buying a cb for my wagon and i wondered how many of you guys and girls have cb`s in your wagon :question:
am i wasting my money buying one :question:
jon

Well i go as “stardust mick” and no one answers me. You’re wasting ya money!! But on a serious note, it depends on how much time you spend in your cab. As an occasional day driver it may not be much use but as a tramper out all over the place workinjg long hours it can certainley get you out of a few spots and provide some entertainment!!

i was shouting stardust mick the other day cos he had a load of flex hangin out the back of his trailer but he cant have had his “ears” on

vernonbish777:
i was shouting stardust mick the other day cos he had a load of flex hangin out the back of his trailer but he cant have had his “ears” on

10/10 very good !!!

Denis F:

jon boy 100:
jon

what did you want the poll to ask ?

hi dennis
do you have a cb
i was wondering what percentage have them :question:
jon

jon boy 100:
[
hi dennis
do you have a cb
i was wondering what percentage have them :question:
jon

hows that :wink:

I had one, haven’t used it for several years :frowning:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
thanks denis :sunglasses:
jon

I’ve got a CB fitted and have it on most of the time.

The mobile CB scene seems to have gone quiet over the last few years. There are still plenty of home-bases being a nuisance, as always. A lot of people seem to only use the CB if they are running with a mate, on a predetermined channel, leaving it off the rest of the time, untill they get on the back of a traffic jam. There are still a few of us who leave the box on all the time though.

I’ve a cb and, as Simon, I have it on most of the time. As I am tramping all week it relieves the boredom somewhat as you can end up having a good natter. Also, it is good in been able to avoid hold-ups ect, such as today when coming back from Glasgow along A66 was told over cb about A1 south being closed at Catterick so was able to divert via Darlington/Yarm and onto A19 and so avoiding unnecessary aggro :smiley:

what channel do you leave it on :question:
i used to have it on 19 buth there was hardly anyone on it
jon