CB Radio Help (quickly)

Can any of you CB guys give me some info,
“Midland 38 plus 80 channel” 12/24v, any good, new £60, ebay ends in 30 mins,
What is the best aerial to go for.
Thanks Lads

I’ve got one, I wouldn’t have another. Your shout.

mojo:
Can any of you CB guys give me some info,
“Midland 38 plus 80 channel” 12/24v, any good, new £60, ebay ends in 30 mins,
What is the best aerial to go for.
Thanks Lads

What are we meant to be giving advice on? The price of the CB or what aerial is best for it ? :confused:

If you’re wanting it for your truck then any magmount aerial would do the job realistically. Depends how much you want to spend.

CB’s are widely available on the 2nd hand market and if it’s £60 new then I wouldn’t be paying anymore than £20 for it meself and it would have to be in top condition too and not had some kid inside it twiddling with the pots.

:unamused:

OK thanks for that I will cross the Midland off.
Any recomendations for a good set

try

here

buy new mate, that way if anything goes wrong you can take it back, this site also gives a write up of what the cb is like.

Using a mag mount and a base loaded whip will do when you are running convoy style or for a quick hello. For a good natter and a bit of DXing A center loaded whip, something like the old warrior is best. Properly SWR’d and mounted in the center at the rear of the cab roof. A little linear amp would help as well.

I have been using CB’s since they were first on the market in the UK :exclamation:
I ahve tried all makes from Cobra to York, Midland are by far the best make :exclamation:

Thanks again,
just got a new Midland of a dealer on ebay, just need to sort out a antenna now .
Its a 12/24 volt so where is the best place to take a feed from on a Merc Axor.
Will a mag mount stay on (low bridges) or is a gutter mount safer.

The Merc Axor has a switch on the dashboard which will allow you to use the one socket linked to it,as either 12v or 24v.

If you want an aerial that performs quite well,doesn’t cost a kings ransom,and is also pre swr’d,then go for a Stinger.It has a base loaded coil,and comes in a variety of colours.Last time I saw one,which wasn’t that long ago,they were about £14.If you want it on a mag mount,then that will cost extra.

Gutter mounts can cut through the paint if put on too hard,but if you have a roof spoiler on the cab,then your mag mount will be hidden behind it,and also will be at the centre/highest point of the cab,giving better radiation of your signal when transmitting.

I used to have a Sirio 4000 and mag,and the cost was £60.Mind you,on the other end of that,I had a President Lincoln,and a 400w SSB burner…

Ken.

I have been using CB’s since they were first on the market in the UK
I ahve tried all makes from Cobra to York, Midland are by far the best make
_________________ :unamused:

in your dreams