Cb installation in a globetrotter

I’m looking for a company that installs and sets up as I’m getting p155ed off with mine ! I seem to be able to shout and be heard better …I’ve had about five different cb’s and tried A few ariels inc sirio and the pre swr’d ones but I just can’t seem to get out very far,at the moment I have a mag mount on the roof with the coax coming through the sunroof (maybe the coax is crushed) Volvo fitted a dropper for me so that should be ok,
Really I’m looking for people who have a cb in their Volvo who can give me some clue of what to get and where to position the ariel so I can get this sorted

So someone clued up on this or advice on who to take it to as there seems to be no one in the northants area to set it all up

Sounds like you have a problem, It’s never taken me longer than 15 mins to set a CB rig up.
Try these people ; thunderpole.co.uk/
They are very good.

#scotty#:
I’m looking for a company that installs and sets up as I’m getting p155ed off with mine ! I seem to be able to shout and be heard better …I’ve had about five different cb’s and tried A few ariels inc sirio and the pre swr’d ones but I just can’t seem to get out very far,at the moment I have a mag mount on the roof with the coax coming through the sunroof (maybe the coax is crushed) Volvo fitted a dropper for me so that should be ok,
Really I’m looking for people who have a cb in their Volvo who can give me some clue of what to get and where to position the ariel so I can get this sorted

So someone clued up on this or advice on who to take it to as there seems to be no one in the northants area to set it all up

there’s no such thing as a pre swr’d ariel, because all cab’s are different. have u tried swr’ing the ariel in?

Dunno if this helps and I’ve no idea if he’s still trading but there used to be an ex Royal Signals guy set up behind the lorry park at Washington svcs northbound. He set one up for me years ago 'cos I’m crap with stuff like that.

Anthony at Junction 42 M6, done it for years, really helpful.

I’d offer to fit it but Northants is a bit far away. Also I would want to drill a 12mm hole in the cab as well and to remove some interior trim to route the co-ax as well as jack the cab up - its the only way to do the job properly if you want to get out well and minimise the interference.

I always found a mag mount on a gobstopper was pretty poor, eventually ran some wire from the mount and grounded it to the chassis, used to crack out pretty well with a little 25w burner, biggest headache though was interference from the computer, used to make a radar type pinging noise every few seconds when transmitting accoeding to the lads running up the M6 every night…

is there anyone who has a globetrotter thats got a good set up in if so what is it your using ariel and mount wise

cheers

pip2209:
Anthony at Junction 42 M6, done it for years, really helpful.

^^^this… he’s a top boy