CB Handles

Thought this would be quite a good one. Lets hear everyones CB handles and why/where they got them.

I think the CB has died out a lot now days which is a shame, I’ve had one in both cars I’ve owned and when I get hold of a unit next year for the shows I’ll be sure to put one in.

I was called angry yorkshireman just some scouse fella called me that and became my handle.

My dads was Papingnion (French for Butterfly, Big Puff :smiley: ) but doesnt use the CB no more as too many idiots on the air.

Thats Papillon, from the film of the same name.

Sorry mate this one has already been covered on the theme “CB or not CB”
22nd Dec. 2007.

Best thing about CB,
is that a well postioned antenna (ie High as Possable)

Makes a super Low Bridge Alert device

DING :slight_smile:

As for an Handle…

Err, Gess I’d be Double’Q !!!

10-4, catch you on the flip…

beanoman cos i used to read the beano. :confused: :confused:

On Grigg’s I was know as TRAMPUS, think it came from when we were discussing old TV shows such as The Virginian…

Still have a rig in the cab, but we only use it for chatting to the tippers in the quarries etc.

Once upon a time I was called Wheel Nut :sunglasses:

My handle was…

Kickstart :laughing:

no handle on my cb :smiley:

My Handle was Plastic Camel, I got it because my first truck back in the early eighties was a Scammel Handyman which was made of fibreglass.So the plastic came from the fibreglass and the Camel came from Scammel. Everyone just calls me Steviebloke now…

My handle was Charlie One Can’t think where that came from :laughing: :laughing:

Steviebloke, Is that the same steviebloke that worked for Debens in Southampton…■■? My cb handle back in the old days was cueball cos of my keeness for a good snooker match…

Regards Kev

Mine was , Whisky Mac , for obvious reasons .
But what about all those Lady homebases that kept you going in the 80s .
Lady Condom , M5 Tiverton
Wanering hands , Wellingborough
Copper Kettle , Basingstoke
Maggi May , Paint Town , Stowemarket
Superswitch , Slough
Lovebird , A420 , Swndon , Oxford road
To Name but a few , come on there were some much more sugestive than that .
Frenchy

Bought a Midland 40 channel from Harry the Hat, Gawd bless him, of Robert Armstrong, £40, December 1977. Took on the handle of THE Monkey Spanner!
Mechanic by trade…it fits! SB41 too! Also G1CWN when on respectable radio.

Blue Denim :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

spoke to wandering hands in wellingborough 2 wks ago on the cb,said she had just started using it again.

Hi Kev
Yep i’m the StevieBloke ex Deben, Left them in 2004 after 5yrs. I’m now working for DHL on beer tankers out of coors brewery alton. I’m glad i’m well away from containers and those blummin docks, i’v heard its no better down there in fact i’ve been told it’s worse then ever.

Regards StevieBloke…

StevieBloke:
Hi Kev
Yep i’m the StevieBloke ex Deben, Left them in 2004 after 5yrs. I’m now working for DHL on beer tankers out of coors brewery alton. I’m glad i’m well away from containers and those blummin docks, i’v heard its no better down there in fact i’ve been told it’s worse then ever.

Regards StevieBloke…

I was on the phone today to my nipper who works out of Coors at Alton on Trade Team.When I mentioned you were on the net he told me some stories about you.I’m sure they arn’t true! Be assured I won’t put them up on here :laughing: :laughing:

one of the frost boys from santon was know as FREEZE