Cavendish Square lorry park

Can remember it was popular from the late 60s til the early 80s.
Looking at a few pics on here,of lorries parked up there, got me wondering what the atraction was,as it was slap bang in the middle of a council estate,ie.no digs just the “■■■■ Robin” pub.
Was it used by outbased drivers ?
The car park at the football ground was busy overnight,which i can understand the County rd area had a lot of b+b"s Pubs etc.

It would help if you said what town it was in please,

However most attractions were , easy parking ,not getting Hassels by people wanting to look after your motor for money ,like a lot of the towns and citys. Liverpool was the worst…the main attraction was= fish and chips .pie,shops, pubs,cinema, girls, clubs, lots of ladys of the night , other blokes wifes ,dances,beer lots of it .late drinking ,lock ins, a pub with sinks and toilets,
you could get what you wanted in most towns and all men will have had their Favorited night stop for many reasons,

and we would all be up and away by 7am if there was ever a breathalyser back then , i know i would have been still over the limit by the time my day started, probably could not wait until the night again, because we all could do what we wanted with out the wife knowing still retaining our so called independence.

Before the art of sleeping in the cab,no sleeper cabs, we used to use digs whole different ball game as all the ex BRS men will know. doors probably locked by 10.30 pm.

Most company drivers used to like the nights ou,t i cannot speak for owner drivers their attitude would be different for the obvious reasons…but i used to enjoy mine where ever …and as time went on and haulage changed in stead of 3/4 nights away it was 3/4 weeks away but i had changed ,i cut the booze out…well not evry night weekends only …

Got to be Swindon, :unamused: , Les.

Yes ,sorry it is Swindon.
Point i was trying to make was,that it seemed to be very popular in the days when a sleeper cab was a rarity.
Considering there were no digs in the area, was it local drivers that used it whilst driving for far flung companies?

Lived just across the road from cavey sq as a kid as far is i can recall no drivers overnight …just parked trucks and and driverswhent home …hales cakes did a change over of vans we in car park and might get a few out of date cakes if we were lucky…