Catthorpe Work To Start Early Next Year...(?)

Hi,

This place is very local to me so whenever there’s yet another prang (or worse) the local wrag is full of it. Pleasant surprise today when said wrag came through the letterbox and this article caught the eye.

The editor seems to be as sceptical as me though and probably won’t believe it until the diggers turn up. Fingers crossed it’s done at last.

Rugby Observer

Approved Plan

DearBoy:
Hi,

This place is very local to me so whenever there’s yet another prang (or worse) the local wrag is full of it. Pleasant surprise today when said wrag came through the letterbox and this article caught the eye.

The editor seems to be as sceptical as me though and probably won’t believe it until the diggers turn up. Fingers crossed it’s done at last.

Rugby Observer

Approved Plan

How do you get onto the M1N from the M6 in the new design then? Looks like it isn’t happening and you’ll have to use the 426 or 69. Other than that the design looks exactly like what’s needed.

Rob K:
How do you get onto the M1N from the M6 in the new design then? Looks like it isn’t happening and you’ll have to use the 426 or 69. Other than that the design looks exactly like what’s needed.

Perfect it isn’t but a ■■■■ site better than the nasty little gyratory at the moment. Perhaps the planners figure if you’re wanting to go north and you’re on M6S you could be a numpty and we’re not building a road for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, as you said, the 426 over to J20 will see a lot more use.

What’s the odds on them putting Toll Booths on the approaches :unamused:

Rob K:

Same as you do now. Look carefully at the map and you’ll see the roundabout is still there

Akuji:

Rob K:

Same as you do now. Look carefully at the map and you’ll see the roundabout is still there

It looks to me as though the approach roads from all routes merge into each other apart from the M6 to the M1 North bound. There’s no roundabout in that new roadplan. You can see the outline of the roundabout but judgeing by those plans, it won’t be there in the new layout if it does go ahead.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Akuji:

Rob K:

It looks to me as though the approach roads from all routes merge into each other apart from the M6 to the M1 North bound. There’s no roundabout in that new roadplan. You can see the outline of the roundabout but judgeing by those plans, it won’t be there in the new layout if it does go ahead.

Correct. You only need to consider the height and level of those new roads to go above and below the M6 to see that it’s impossible for the current “roundabout” to remain there.

The roundabouts will remain or cathorpe would be cut off. These will be flyovers, but I can’t understand why they didn’t just continue working whilst they had a load of equipment there replacing the s/b bridge. It’ll be years away if it does happen.

Akuji:
The roundabouts will remain or cathorpe would be cut off.

:unamused: Have you actually bothered to look at the diagram? I wager not. If you had then you would see that the roundabout will cease to exist because it is being replaced with new orange roads linking Catthorpe and surrounding villages to the A5.

Akuji:
The roundabouts will remain or cathorpe would be cut off. These will be flyovers, but I can’t understand why they didn’t just continue working whilst they had a load of equipment there replacing the s/b bridge. It’ll be years away if it does happen.

Here’s the report, which think was largely accepted by the government:

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … report.pdf

If they do build it, the roundabouts will go completely, and there’ll basically be new local road from Swinford to the A5, which goes under the new M1-A14 link, under the M1, under the M6 and then alongside the M6 to the A5.