cat c1 medical

just wondering if you had a pre 97 licence with a c1 would you need to do a medical at 45 as im told the licence stay for life. I was told by another driver you didn’t, but its classified as a lgv now and if you got the licence after 97 you would. the only way im guessing the dva would know you are driving commercial would be the dcpc. not that it worries me as I have a c & e.

kris206:
just wondering if you had a pre 97 licence with a c1 would you need to do a medical at 45 as im told the licence stay for life. I was told by another driver you didn’t, but its classified as a lgv now and if you got the licence after 97 you would. the only way im guessing the dva would know you are driving commercial would be the dcpc. not that it worries me as I have a c & e.

The categories gained by passing car test before 1997 are expiry dated at age 70 and passing a D4 medical at age 70 will get another 3 years for those categories

The categories gained by passing the DSA LGV tests are subject to the ongoing D4 medical

This can mean that if you are driving a LGV C1 vehicle you are driving it under the TWO C1s on your licence - one is shown with the car expiry date and the other is hidden behind the C

thanks rog :slight_smile: