Cat C Training

HI All

Been a bit of a lurker on here, but am now under training for Cat C. Test is 09:45 on Tuesday :open_mouth: .

Started training yesterday, doing it 2:1 with Ken Irwin training in Craigavon. Vehicle is a Volvo Fm12 rigid with auto box.

Home now after day 2, and so far so good. Few things I have got to keep in check, one is letting the speed roll away esp on the downhill bits, and 2nd is watching the kerb as I caught it twice today, just brushing it, not actually over it at least. First one was on the “please stop on the left” situation, and 2nd was coming around a corner and misjudged it slightly.

Have been on the test routes so far, up and down hill starts done. Reversing practice is done on Sundays in the yard, and have been down the last couple of sundays to do this, and am quietly confident in the reverse at the moment.

To help with the “pull up on the left”; make sure you move towards the kerb gently - don’t steer at it. Check all the time in the left mirror. The truck should move over towards the kerb like a barge. Keep it parallel and leave the tiniest bit of tarmac on view between the side of the truck body and the kerb. Don’t pull to the right as you stop - this is too common.

Sounds though everything else will come together so best of luck with it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete, will make a note of that :slight_smile: :smiley:

Day four finished earlier on.

Took out on one of the test routes this morning which has been closed due to roadworks. I did manage to clip 2 kerbs today, which i am kicking myself for, as everything else seemed to go well! It was quite tight and i misjudged the width slightly. Hopefully next time on that route I will be fine

Reversing practice tomorrow morning in the yard!