Cat C training starts tomorrow

Hi everyone,

I am new here and about to commence my cat c training tomorrow with a test on Thursday at 2:30. To say I am feeling nervous is a bit of an understatement. I just hope I like driving a lorry.

I really hope I pass.

Any tips are very welcome[emoji16]

Good luck - just try and enjoy it :open_mouth:

And remember what my instructor said - ‘The harder you think about it, the worse it will be’ - still can’t work out if he was insulting me, or attempting to be kind to me… :confused:

Jon

good luck…

remember Mirrors and listen to directions I.e. 3rd exit ahead stay in left lane 2nd exit right use right hand lane.

Best of luck Louise. Its natural to be a bit nervous,but trust me,once you pass your test and start driving trucks,you will love it.

Its easy at first to be a little intimidated because of the size of these vehicles. But just think,you drive in your car behind trucks all the time,and they actually are not as big as you think when you start driving initially.

This time last year,artics looked like huge monsters to me. Now I drive them,they are pussycats lol.

Don’t forget;YOU control the truck,it does not control you.

Thank you. I think once I get started I will feel better, at the moment it’s the not knowing.

I am trying not to place too much pressure on passing as all that failing the first time means is taking another test. It doesn’t mean you forget everything that you learnt the first time.

Right so…

Listen, check
Mirrors, check
Don’t think too hard, check
Control the truck, do not let said truck control you, check

Seems I very much have the basics covered [emoji598]

Shall let you know how tomorrow goes

Louise

Day 1

I survived! And I liked it!

I got onto the M25 and had to negotiate a lane closure, at least I know what that looks and feels like in the event of it happening on the day of the test.

I had three successful reverse manoeuvre attempts (not without guidance but I got in the hatched box each time.

I think I did well considering my nerves and how unlike a car it is. Just desperately hoping for noticeable improvement tomorrow to encourage me further.

Louise

did you pass?

How did it go?