CAT C training and result!

Hi all been a lurker and offered advice where possible, so here’s my dairy and result.
Did my training with MTS in the West Midlands, Scania semi auto.
Day 1… absolute bag of nerves hit around 6 curbs cutting roundabouts you name it, typical car driver… nailed the reverse on this day found that very easy… but felt completely incompetent at this stage.

Day 2 slight improvement but again not great, position was terrible, rushing roundabouts and genuinely rubbish… went home that day thinking what the hell have I done. payed out £2.5k full package with MTS and I’m just not good enough… didn’t sleep the first 2 days as I literally couldn’t switch off, very mentally draining.

Day 3/4 something just clicked and I started driving the way I had been shown. Perfect positions, roundabouts, speed everything just Perfect and again nailed the reverse really enjoyable 2 days felt so much more confident…

Day 5 test day… up at 6 am to be at training for 7 my test was at 10:15 wolverhampton test centre… another guy was on test first so we doubled up… was very nervous at this time, other guy drove to reverse pad, again nerves but was nice to see another candidate drive and pick his faults! ( not many I might add) on to my drive to the test centre, felt confident but nerves but ok! Sat listening to all the car instructors moaning about pupils, how bad they are at driving etc… thought I can’t listen to this I’m off for a ■■■…! See my other candidate drive back in, he looked happy, he did his reverse last as test centre was busy… he drives up to the cones starts the reverse… absolute perfection… slowly coming back to the yellow box… we could see there was way to much room at the back, he opened the cab door, at this point we thought great, he’s taking a walk to the back of the truck to check how far back he was… wrong… he got out shut the door and looked from that position… didn’t walk back… he entered the cab and told the examiner he was happy… wrong… no where near… fail with 3 minors. Absolutely gutted for him, made me more nervous seeing this…

So next up is me… nailed the reverse perfect, on to the road, had a great drive, weather conditions perfect, traffic flow perfect and a really nice examiner that put me at ease straight away… felt confident and thought this is going ok…! Following the signs back to wolverhampton I realised we are heading back and couldn’t believe how quick it had gone, I was thinking just don’t mess up now and I think it’s a pass, but also thinking maybe I have failed! The human brain hey!

Anyway arrived back at the rest centre and I’m told congratulations you have passed… 3 minors I’m absolutely over the moon… and to the big one next… sorry the training log isn’t as detailed as some but I found reading them over my training helped me massively to see others having bad days, terrible drives etc so if mine can help anyone, I’m happy with that… but please take the advice on the reverse and go and check your marker… seeing that guy fail on that was unbelievable…

Driving tests make normal people do very very odd things. Well done on the pass, happy for you!

:smiley: :smiley:

Thanks guys I’m very much looking forward to a few beers and a good sleep!!

Well done!

That is gutting for the other guy. At least easily fixed so he should pass next time I guess.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the pass pal,is absolutely gutting for the other guy! I saw a similar situation with the lad I done my class 1 training with, he had a perfect drive! 0 minors and very good drive according to the examiner but slightly over done the reverse and took the barrier out very gently. So gutting for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you do your Artic reverse if in doubt take a shunt :wink:

UselessForce:
Congratulations on the pass pal,is absolutely gutting for the other guy! I saw a similar situation with the lad I done my class 1 training with, he had a perfect drive! 0 minors and very good drive according to the examiner but slightly over done the reverse and took the barrier out very gently. So gutting for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bloke before my test ended up 90deg to test area :open_mouth:

Went to get out and check my reverse, examiner started walking over. But still went to check just in case. If in doubt.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Was gutting to see so I made sure I was checking, booking mod 4 next week then ordering taco card, so will look for some jobs but will be heading straight in to class one when my license comes back, so will take the reverse advice for that one! I’m in no great rush as such as I have a ok job at the moment but just fed up of it and want to be on the road!

Congratulations mate!! On to the next one!! You should find it easier driving an artic going forward it’s just going backwards that can be a bit tricky to start with but you’ll be grand!!

Order the tacho card now, then you can start as soon as you pass mod 4.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Nice! Reading your story injected a bit of confidence to my own self. I have my training ending with the test in three weeks time and panicking already.

Thanks again guys it’s a great feeling… @ prince. You will be fine it’s a lot to take in at first but it does he’s easyer believe me, just watch the cars… I found people took the p***
With the learner truck and with me being female did it a bit more. If you need any info just PM me and if I can be any help, I will. Just listen to your instructor and try to relax!