Cat c test tomorrow! Help!

Hey guys,
I have been a silent member really and trying to absorb some of the great content on this great site!

I have passed my CPC mod 4 today got 100% so I am happy with that!

I also had a mock exam today but unfortunately failed due to me running over a lowered curb on a bend! I was in traffic on a tight street and came to a stop and failed to realise how close I was to said curb! Apart from this I was told I was a good driver and should pass no problem!

However I can’t help ebut feel crap about my test chances tomorrow! Any advice would be gratefully received… Thanks in advance.

Sleep well. Relax. Calm down. Wake up and be confident.

If you go in thinking you will fail - you probably will. So just accept it was a tiny mistake and relax. Tomorrow you won’t do that.

I do stuff every shift which would fail me a driving test. Some of it intentional, some of it not. You don’t need to be perfect to pass. You just need to be confident, a bit lucky and do what you have been told in your training.

in a word RELAX . :smiley:

You will be alright, just watch your mirrors on bends. If your instructor thinks that you are a good driver, then you are better than you think.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

Try and get a decent night’s sleep. Give yourself plenty of time to meet your trainer, allowing for additional traffic this next few days. Remember your driving licence. I know I’m wasting my time, but try and relax and enjoy the ride.

All the very best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

move your head when looking in mirrors, exaggerate slightly. A normal sideways glance won’t show the examiner that you are actually looking.

thank you all for your words of encouragement and wisdom!

I have spent an hour or so relaxing to music and erased all things hgv from my mind!

I guess I was still raw from training earlier although the I am still highly nervous the good music + getting it off my chest and bending all you guys ears has helped me no end!

I m now going to get a good sleep and shall take this cat c head on!! Thanks guys once again.

I shall update on my results good or bad and maybe some others in my position in future can gain something out of it!! All the best!

Failed!!! Disaster struck after my reverse, the examiner jumped in and gave me my instruction. I set off and nerves became to much, And I clipped the first bloody roundabout!! It’s huge and have never had any issues on this!! I tried to pick myself up and carry on as if it never happened knowing I had failed and had a really good drive! Examiner said I had a good drive with 3 minors and one serious!! Absolutely gutted no retest available till late January don’t understand how I let this happen but I guess I should have got something for the nerves! Ah well I’m away to scream into my pillow haha.

It’s a great shame that you slipped up on the roundabout. I’m surprised you have to wait to end January for a retest but maybe that’s how it is in your neck of the woods.

In the meantime, have yourself a great Christmas and come back fighting for the next test.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
It’s a great shame that you slipped up on the roundabout. I’m surprised you have to wait to end January for a retest but maybe that’s how it is in your neck of the woods.

In the meantime, have yourself a great Christmas and come back fighting for the next test.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah man I think it’s most gutting cause if I had managed to control those nerves at the start I would have passed no problem! But I know now that I have to work on the nerves and yes everyone even my instructor can’t believe that the earliest booking is late January but for the sake of a few weeks it’s not the end of the world! Thanks and hope you have good Christmas also pal!

Don’t worry about it ! You’ll do it next time, on my c+e I hit the first roundabout after the test station having to avoid getting hit by a Romanian curtainsider, so though I’d failed and completely relaxed thinking I’d failed, and was completely shocked when told I passed with 4 minors, examiner explained that I couldn’t do anything else and did well to avoid a major accident. You’ll do it next time !

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

landroverman:
Don’t worry about it ! You’ll do it next time, on my c+e I hit the first roundabout after the test station having to avoid getting hit by a Romanian curtainsider, so though I’d failed and completely relaxed thinking I’d failed, and was completely shocked when told I passed with 4 minors, examiner explained that I couldn’t do anything else and did well to avoid a major accident. You’ll do it next time !

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Hi landroverman, thanks for the encouraging words mate much appreciated! Yeah I kinda was hoping for the impossible pass the whole test secretly but in return I proved to myself I can pass which in itself has boosted my confidence in gutted that I can’t resit til late January but it will let me gather the £247 up! Thanks to everyone for there input I am taking it all in and am hoping next month I get the pass banner of ROG :sunglasses:

Youngscottishnewbie:
am hoping next month I get the pass banner of ROG

I have one for you ready to post :smiley:

The second test is usually easier as you know what to expect. Failed my first C+E hitting a road divider despite knowing I should have been in the other lane, but made test 2 much simpler as you’re much more relaxed. After a few months, you’ll just be doing this stuff automatically.

ROG:

Youngscottishnewbie:
am hoping next month I get the pass banner of ROG

I have one for you ready to post :smiley:

Woop woop :wink:

trevHCS:
The second test is usually easier as you know what to expect. Failed my first C+E hitting a road divider despite knowing I should have been in the other lane, but made test 2 much simpler as you’re much more relaxed. After a few months, you’ll just be doing this stuff automatically.

Yeah I feel it should be more relaxed as I have had the panic and stress of the not knowing and will be better prepared next time, thanks again for you encouragement :slight_smile: