Cat C test....fail

Hi all

Been training for my Cat C test and cpc mod 4
And had my tests on Monday…
Cpc passed 100%
Cat C failed… 7 minors 1 serious

Training went really well
Right from the start instructor said I was good and would have no trouble passing
So test day come
Done the reverse exercise perfect
Then headed out on the road and all went really well I thought
Got back and I’m sorry you’ve failed
On the reverse exercise apparently I didn’t check my n/s mirror while following the line
I’m pretty sure I did as it’s normally just natural to check both mirrors but he didn’t see
2 minors for timed
2 minors for awareness/planning
3 minors for appropriate speed
1 serious on reverse observations
My instructor was very shocked he give a serious and so was all the other instructors when we got back to the yard
Fair enough if I hadn’t looked in that mirror atall through the exercise but I did I checked it before I started moving Ect
I’ve been told to appeal it but most I can get is a free retest and that’s rare and chances of upsetting the examiner ect so just going to leave it

Just want to get other people’s view on it, as i can’t believe he gave a serious on something like that when the test went well, really wish the drive on the road and reverse exercise was two different test!

Just feel very let down by the whole thing!

Similar happened with me doing my bike test years ago. For the amount of time it’ll take them to look at the appeal you can probably have another test booked and passed by then.

Same as any other job some are decent some are arse holes. The guy that did my first bike test had a reputation for being a nob, the guy that did the rest test was spot on.

You have not failed, it is defered success, as John Wayne would say, get back on the horse and try again .

Paddy2518:
Similar happened with me doing my bike test years ago. For the amount of time it’ll take them to look at the appeal you can probably have another test booked and passed by then.

Same as any other job some are decent some are arse holes. The guy that did my first bike test had a reputation for being a nob, the guy that did the rest test was spot on.

Totally agree mate, the bloke who done my MOD 4 was nice and helpful and could tell he wanted me to pass, where the other guy I could just tell he wasn’t as nice, some of the things I’ve heard people pass with compared to this is shocking but hay ho

That is harsh mate. Is the examiner saying you didn’t check the NS at all?

Like my instructor said, the examiners are God, so what they say goes. Keep positive, and nail the next test.

It is harsh. The examiner can easily miss a mirror check especially when he’s not even in the vehicle with you. I wouldn’t appeal in this instance though you won’t win and could get the examiners back up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

even If you did appeal against the mirror, you still got three minors for the same thing and im sure that is also a fail

m_attt:
even If you did appeal against the mirror, you still got three minors for the same thing and im sure that is also a fail

4 or more minors become a fail

Pointless conversation and counter productive to the objective…
You didn’t pass this time but instead gained valuable experience.
Move on, re-book and pass next time!

Best of luck! :smiley: