Cat C failed today important

Hi! All, I failed my cat c test today - totally my own fault. 2 serious faults - hit the kerb with the rear n/s wheel and nearly went the wrong way around a keep left bollard on a blind bend on the approach to a roundabout. To those about to take the test at this time of year - watch out for leaves gathered in the gutter on the side of pavements. Also your examiner is not a sat-nav. I was so tired after having 16 hours of training with my test at on the tail end of it, I was so busy looking in the mirrors after the examiner told me to take the next right at a roundabout, I didn’t even see the ■■■■■■ bollard. So to reiterate your examiner is not a sat-nav. Don’t be a sat-nav zombie like I was today. Thanks for reading.

If you clipped the kerb first then you failed at that point :wink:
But don’t be disheartened I clipped the kerb on my first test :blush: and passed on my second

Just part of the journey mate, crack on with it . Good luck next time.

just remember

MIRROR
SIGNAL
MANOEUVRE

POSITION
SPEED
LOOK

ASSESS
DECIDE
ACT

The drving test is 50 / 50 and then you have a 50 / 50 on the examiners mood or stats he’d like to keep to that week so allow at least 3 attempts to get through

To make you feel better I mounted the kerb within 2 minutes of leaving the yard on test and passed with only 4 minors

:laughing:

if you are having trouble pal PM me. I am an instructor so can give you some guidance if you need mate

It’s wrong to think that contact with a kerb will always be a fail. It depends on a number of factors. It’s totally wrong to think that examiners have quotas or that they suffer with moods.

It’s very simple. Drive properly - pass. Get it wrong - fail.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I am an instructor

How about you introduce yourself?

I clipped a Kurb on both my tests, 2nd test I didn’t even know, and the examiner said it was more of a minor brush more than anything.

When I clipped one on my car test it was a please pull in here moment. I did it at sub 5mph and with the tyre very gently. I thought in hitting it in any way shape or form I had failed, but like the examiner said, yes you clipped it but it wasn’t dangerous, you remained in full control and no damage occurred. There is no hard and fast rule

Peter Smythe:

I am an instructor

How about you introduce yourself?

done pal

Peter Smythe:
It’s wrong to think that contact with a kerb will always be a fail. It depends on a number of factors. It’s totally wrong to think that examiners have quotas or that they suffer with moods.

So how come i nearly put the examiner through the front window with an unnecessary harsh brake on a roundabout after a one hour good chinwag about our shared interest in golf and passed my test ?

Because your definition of harsh brake are different to DVSA’s or the circumstances surrounding it justified the pass. A chat about golf wont do it.

But it’s always good to have a natter!

Peter Smythe:

My instructor told me this exact thing, and surprise surprise, come my test I did actually mount a kerb. In my own mind I had no choice (Turning left into a minor road, car turning right out of it wouldn’t move because I was blocking the view-I think!). Anyways used a fair chunk of pavement with my rear wheel. Thought it would be a close call.

Come the end of my test the examiner did point this out to me as a minor fault. He pointed out that I had used a lot of the kerb, but because my mirror checks and observation was good, it was safe and under control.

Morale of the story: I suppose as long as you remember the importance of mirror checks etc, you should be ok. :slight_smile:

Peter Smythe:

I say in my experience of driving tests and that they don’t have quotas or targets but all out there just need tick there sheets and make sure you tick all the boxes. I would say all my examiners were very fair and first time I sat my Cat C test I failed due to my own fault of loosing gears and my first Cat C+E was just sadly I clipped cone but 2nd time on both the examiners all said they seen I went away and improved from my last fail.

Unlucky that you failed mate if you need a chat about anything or some advice drop me a pm fella