Castleford To Leicester

Hello guys, Just after a little bit of help.

Next week I’ve got a night trunk from Castleford to Leicester and I’d like to go via the A1, coming off the A1 at North Muskham onto the B6325 for a mile or 2 then onto the A46 through Wanlip and Anstey then onto the M1 just before Leicester Services.

Is that route possible with a 15’ 1’’ trailer ?

Also is the major road works still going on at Darrington / Wentbridge on the A1 ? Just I’ve been avoiding that area lately.

Thanks for your help in advance.

No problem…

No problem at that height. The time you set off may present problems with the A1 roadworks if it’s a relatively early night trunk start. Personally I’d just hop on the M1 because the roadworks past Meadowhall are usually far less problematic than the Darrington ones.

Just stick to the main routes
cos if anything goes wrong you will be in bother for meanderin through the countryside

Check the roadworks on the A46. They’ve been closing it near and around Leicester.

Thank you guys for your help, It’s appreciated.

It’s a 21:00 trunk.

Ah yes, thanks Conor, looks like there is night closures on the A46 until spring 2024.

Once again, thanks guys.

From Casvegas…

M62/M1 to Leicester Forest
M62/A1/M18/M1 to Leicester Forest

Top gear nearly all the way.

I’d stick with the M1 unless you’re unscrupulous and do the Darrington shuffle to avoid the queue down the A1 (off at ferrybridge, up the A162 to rejoin the A1, sticking to the left lane and exit the darrington turn and swing right at the mini roundabout and rejoin the A1). I routinely run the A1 to the A46 via the South Muskham Road past the sugar factory at 16ft 2” in the day time, but it’s the closure of the A46 near the A606 at night which is the problem.
Alternatively for details on road closures look at one.network/uk

Quinny:
From Casvegas…

M62/M1 to Leicester Forest
M62/A1/M18/M1 to Leicester Forest

Top gear nearly all the way.

^^