Castle Cement....

Ashamed to admit that my Uncle used to work for Hansons before he retired, he was MD at ARC when Hansons took em over… :cry:

[/quote]
Hanson are owned by Heildelburg…Hanson do not own Castle Cement

Thats not what I said, my uncle worked for ARC when they were taken over by Hansons…

Yes Castle is owned by Heidelburg, but think you will find its Hansons that are pulling the strings in this case… No doubt as instructed by Heidelburg… Hence all the paper work etc is Hansons, NOT Heidelburg.

Deepinvet:

Ashamed to admit that my Uncle used to work for Hansons before he retired, he was MD at ARC when Hansons took em over… :cry:

Hanson are owned by Heildelburg…Hanson do not own Castle Cement

It’s all a big mess. Aggregate Industries are owned by Holsim (Swiss), but own just about all the quarries and concrete and blocks trade, apart from Lafarge who are of course French and who decimated Blue Circle. Heidleburg own Hanson and Castle in the cement business and are German.

There is a rumour circulating in Clitheroe that due to the financial situation of Heidelberg globally, the newly created Hanson Cement business is for sale, offers over £1bn, not all Hanson just Hanson Cement, which as I understand it is very little diffrent to Castle Cement.

Also I am noy sure what relevance comments about franchise hauliers and ODs have to do with a Castle Cement thread?

acd1202:
There is a rumour circulating in Clitheroe that due to the financial situation of Heidelberg globally, the newly created Hanson Cement business is for sale, offers over £1bn, not all Hanson just Hanson Cement, which as I understand it is very little diffrent to Castle Cement.

Also I am noy sure what relevance comments about franchise hauliers and ODs have to do with a Castle Cement thread?

That would appear to be old news. Here are 2 links to that from 26th May, this year.

Link 1
Link 2

there a story on

RT.com about this

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … depot.html

sorry but what do you mean by mothballed

mickyblue:
sorry but what do you mean by mothballed

Shut down for an unspecified period of time, but kept in a condition that it can be ready to work again at a moments notice when the industry picks up…

ie everyone gets the gooner except a skeleton staff…