Case Study CPC Pass certificate

Seems that I’ve lost the bugger and I have my module 4 on the 16th. Is there any way the DSA can send out a replacement? No doubt it will cost around 300 quid but needs must!

Thanks!

chris_89:
Seems that I’ve lost the bugger and I have my module 4 on the 16th. Is there any way the DSA can send out a replacement? No doubt it will cost around 300 quid but needs must!

Thanks!

just call the DSA on 0300-200-1122 and check that have the pass recorded on file - if yes then the examiner for mod 4 will also have that info.

ALSO - a mod 4 test cannot be booked for you unless the mod 2 pass in already in the system

Just make sure that you have your licence - both parts

If you have any paperwork from passing your module 2 and it has a number on it, that should be sufficient. I would ring the test centre and ask them. You can also ring the DSA who should be able to give you the certificate number if you don’t have it.

As you have booked your module 4 and presumably named the test, it is not possible to do this if you haven’t passed module 2, so you should be able to take your test.

By the way, I’m fairly certain that a separate certificate is not issued, merely a bit of a certificate on the back of your pass letter. So you may not have lost it, rather that you never really got one!

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I should’ve been a little clearer in my original post. I realise that there’s no certificate as such and that it’s just a letter that says you’ve passed, It’s the letter that I’ve lost though. I remember having it but I stupidly left it on the kitchen table and it went walkies. So surely then if the test can’t even be booked without having the Mod 2 pass, it must be in the system? In which case - why would they need to see the letter?

chris_89:
why would they need to see the letter?

They don’t need to see it

There was this thing with some examiners who insisted on seeing the normal theory test pass certificate before doing the on-road practical test but that has been knocked on the head for the same reason - no trainee can be booked a practical test unless the thepry pass is in the system

ROG:

chris_89:
why would they need to see the letter?

They don’t need to see it

There was this thing with some examiners who insisted on seeing the normal theory test pass certificate before doing the on-road practical test but that has been knocked on the head for the same reason - no trainee can be booked a practical test unless the thepry pass is in the system

As far as I know (and I am still taking trainees in for test) there are occasions when the normal theory pass certificate is checked by examiners, before doing the on the road Module 3 practical test for cat C. I cannot see why, and have asked the examiners why, but all they know is if the trainees name is flagged up then a check has to be made. However it doesn’t seem to happen very often these days.

I also had the misfortune to have a guy come to do a module 4 test who didn’t have his pass letter with him, and the examiner refused to conduct the test, even though we had the certificate number. However, later he did question his own decision, but that was too late for my guy. So it’s better to be on the safe side, which is why I suggest ringing the test centre.

Ahh yes. I’ve always had my Theory cert with me for every practical test, once the examiner said “Oh I don’t need that”, every other time they’ve looked at it though. I’ll get on to J Coates and see what the crack is - Cheers!

Just been onto DSA Examiners office in Nottingham - 0115 936 6666 ask for examiners office

Sometimes the system has not caught up and the examiner is asked to check so requires to see a theory pass certificate etc

Sometimes the examiners are asked to do random checks on the theory pass certs etc

The examiners do have a HOTLINE where it takes less than 5 mins to double check so in reality there is no real reason that a practical cannot go ahead if the relevant theory tests(s) have been passed

Hi Rog, that’s really good of you - cheers! I’m actually taking my test in coventry as there was no availability in Nottingham or leicester for a while when I booked it. Just don’t want to get there and find out I need it, although you say there’s no reason I should - Sods law says I will! Is it worth ringing the DSA?

chris_89:
Hi Rog, that’s really good of you - cheers! I’m actually taking my test in coventry as there was no availability in Nottingham or leicester for a while when I booked it. Just don’t want to get there and find out I need it, although you say there’s no reason I should - Sods law says I will! Is it worth ringing the DSA?

There are not any DSA LGV testing places in Coventry so it must be either Weedon (Northants) or Garretts Green (East side of Brum)

Update!

Had a little chat with J Coates who reckon that there’s 99.9% chance I’ll be fine with no pass letter for the mod 2, however, there is still the 0.01% chance that they’ll not let me test if I haven’t :neutral_face: So don’t reeeeeeally want to risk it.

Got on the blower to the DSA and the girl said I’d DEFINITELY need the certificate? Don’t know if I believe her but hey ho. She told me I’d need to ring Pearson Professional Centres to get a newie sent out… So I did. This chap reckons it takes 10 WORKING DAYS to send the frigger out! Is that like 8th class post? So after all that there’s still a chance I won’t have it in time. Didn’t cost anything though so I’ll just have to sit tight I think.

I have read the pass letter of my current trainee for module 2 and it clearly states that it has to be produced with both parts of licence when taking module 4.

Better hope it gets here in time then :open_mouth:

chris_89:
Better hope it gets here in time then :open_mouth:

Don’t worry - the examiners have a hotine which takes 5 mins to check

Take the Nottingham examiners office number with you in case - 0115 936 6666 - that way if the examiner gives you any problems you can call their boss :bulb: :slight_smile:

Haha, will do Rog - Cheers! I have all the training on the same day as the test so I’m hoping it’ll all go well. I’m under the impression that I’ve done the hard bit… :unamused: