Carter's Steam Fair

Ultimately I suppose this belongs in the Old Time Forum but perhaps mods could leave it here for a day or two as I am sure it will be of interest to many.

This being Margate, and this being a Bank Holiday weekend, it’s raining. But no worries, Carter’s Steam Fair is in town! Here’s some pics…

The two on the right are mine, Charlie and Sam ( aka Little Harry), they are 11. That’s my mate Steve’s boy Curtis with them.

Little Harry’s twin brother.

The remains of the Scenic Railway, severely damaged in an arson attack two years ago.

Incidentally, I’m an active member of the Save Dreamland Campaign, here’s our website…

savedreamland.co.uk/

Hope you liked the pics!

they have got some cracking old trucks i often see there pictures on all the fun of the fair website

Great pictures them Harry. Pity about the Scenic Railway having been got at by the retards, :smiling_imp:

Nice to see that lads looking happy, despite the rain :laughing: :laughing:

Wot, no steamers at a steam fair.?

alamcculloch:
Wot, no steamers at a steam fair.?

Here’s some better shots of one of the rides, the Steam Yachts (third photo down)

Buycrider:
Great pictures them Harry. Pity about the Scenic Railway having been got at by the retards, :smiling_imp:

Yes, we all felt very sorry for Dreamland’s owner, Jimmy Godden, particularly since so many other of his amusement ventures have suffered arson attacks in the past. :wink:

Good pics mate,aways liked the showmans motors(not a dreamcatcher or bullfighting spear in sight lol)
Not sure about the “ride the big lizzies” sign though- didnt they used to freqent Wolverhamton truck stop ? :laughing:

I couldnt go either with no spitting and no smoking would spoil me day out :laughing: :laughing: