Carrying on after retirement age

anyone on here working on after retirement age, 65 in September decided to to work on for a bit longer, can’t see myself sat at home all day to be honest, have not really give it a thought, and now its looming up on me, jobs easy enough mainly trunking no stress,any advice would be helpful, do I defer my pension/reduce hours or what.

I worked full time until I was 67 but was then forced into retirement by company policy on any anyone over 65 , I have to admit I still work part time at 72 but only when I feel I want to , don’t commit to fixed hour and only work when you what to , but do keep working sitting at home
etc is not good for anyone .!!!

Lots of blokes this way working after reaching their 65th birthday. Some full time, and others part time. Some packed it in, rather than do the DCPC, but I couldn’t understand their reasoning. Now there is a desperate shortage of drivers. If you enjoy your job keep going.

Dave the Renegade:
Now there is a desperate shortage of drivers.

Of course there isn’t “a desperate shortage of drivers”, if there was then the job wouldn’t pay less than being a shelf stacker at Aldi, would it?

Fhggh

Theres different between enjoying job and does it pay enough in 2015 lots of drivers doing cpc dont realise there being dry [zb] yet, but there wake up one day you hope.

Harry Monk:

Dave the Renegade:

Of course there isn’t “a desperate shortage of drivers”, if there was then the job wouldn’t pay less than being a shelf stacker at Aldi, would it?

There is in the area I live in, and the pay is a lot higher than Aldi. :exclamation:

Dave the Renegade:

Harry Monk:

Dave the Renegade:

There is in the area I live in, and the pay is a lot higher than Aldi. :exclamation:

That’s not what the blokes at Mervyn Thomas tell me. :wink:

:smiley: still working at 82 years old driving 4x4 plus car trailer c/d cars all over uk stop driving class 1 hgvs 5 year ago been on the roads since 1952 still love driving lots of time for me and the wife for holidays and time to gether any truckers who nos me will no what I mean hope there still a few about all the beat johnboydor

Harry Monk:

Dave the Renegade:

Harry Monk:

Dave the Renegade:

That’s not what the blokes at Mervyn Thomas tell me. :wink:

Mervyn’s main operating centre is in Herefordshire Harry. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.