Carrying Haz gone wrong

Diesel Dave, have a wee looky at this-

heraldscotland.com/news/tran … d-1.919435

Looks like the fire could have started in his cab…maybe carrying some Haz in the passenger footwell…theories welcome! :smiley:

Hi GlesgaBill,
There’s precious little info in the linked article… :frowning:

It looks like a standard cab-fire to me…
There isn’t an ADR plate on the rear of the fridge trailer…
The trailer/load doesn’t look to be the cause.

Possible causes:

1. Leaking camping gas/air mixture ignited by electrical spark
  2. Diesel fuel leak ignited on hot exhaust pipe/manifold
  3. Electrical short-circuit igniting electrical component/wiring.

:bulb: Even though probably not legally required, an on-board fire extinguisher and a little fire training might have minimised the truck downtime for the company and saved a hefty insurance claim.

Rowinski said that motorists were passing rumours to each other that the interminable hold-up was down to a chemical spillage.

Thats how rumours start :wink: and then they bring in new ADR legislation instead of the fitter checking that the 300amp inverter fuse is not really a 3/16" bolt

Wheel Nut:
Thats how rumours start :wink:

I was thinking that too. :wink:

If there had been a ‘chemical’ involved, rumour has it that there would probably have been a mention of its name in the report. :wink:

I’d speculate that Hearts will probably beat Kilmarnock in the rearranged SPL match. :grimacing:

I hope he gets the book thrown at him, he ruined my Saturday. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

dieseldave:
I’d speculate that Hearts will probably beat Kilmarnock in the rearranged SPL match. :grimacing:

They did. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Just finished watching it on BBC Alba with Gaelic commentary, couldn’t understand a word but it made more sense than watching with the usual English speaking commentators. :wink: :smiley: