Carphone holder charger combined

Can anybody put me on to where I can get a 24 v one.
The one that plugs into cig lighter socket, and doubles up as a phone holder.
I’ve seen 12v ones, searched the internet but can not seem to locate a 24v one.
Anybody?
Cheers.
It’s for a Samsung Galaxy S5 btw.

Thought you’d got an Actros mate?

Or is your 12v socket already taken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulNowak:
Thought you’d got an Actros mate?

Or is your 12v socket already taken?

Yeh but the 12v socket is near the pass side footwell, the sockets on the dash are 24v.

I just use a regular phone holder, and bought longish leads, just a throwback from my MAN, as the Hellas were in a similar sort of place.

Bought one from local aldi couple week back. Dunno about voltage etc, not really had chance to try it, lol. Will try post pic of box tomorrow, suggest next time you passing aldi, check it out?

Just get the 12v one man and stop wasting time
It will work in the 24v socket

Have a look for brodit mounts, their “proclips” are the type designed to fit specific dashboards, if in doubt get in touch regarding truck specific dashboard mounts

Edit: fill ya boots - powered & unpowered mounts inc mounts to allow for your phone case
brodit.co.uk
brodit.com/searchList.html?pn=prod&query=S5

villa:
Just get the 12v one man and stop wasting time
It will work in the 24v socket

This ^^^^^^^. Phones are designed to take 240 volts so putting 24 as opposed to 12 through it isn’t gonna be an issue.

Phones take an input of 5V on a USB socket. Most lighter socket USB adapters will accept an input of 12 or 24 V since they are stepping down the voltage anyway, it’s not a straight pass through.

the maoster:
Phones are designed to take 240 volts

It ain’t a problem unless the smoke genies escape.
Most modern mobile phones are designed to take 5 volts via the USB port, with a range of 0.5, 1, 1.5, & 2amps coming from a charger depending on the requirements of your phone, which IF you ain’t using a cheap knock off charger should charge your phone. However despite most in car chargers being able to step down from both 12/24v, some are only capable of stepping down from 12v, and plugging them into 24v is a recipe for disaster.

The combined ones are mostly ■■■■ and won’t hold the weight of your phone. This is my set up, charger is cheap ebay, less than a fiver, holder was over 20 quid but hasn’t moved in 6 months

Can find links later if you’re interested

I us a Brodit for my one+1 charges from 24v

Rob, did you find what you what looking for ■■

peirre:

Had a quick look thanks mate, but will decide when I get home…Cheers.

To the guys who say 12v ones work on 24, …the only reason I want one of these is my mate got a one to put in his new Merc like mine, I had never seen them before.
Basically it was a cig lighter solid plug with a holder attached on the other end, if you see what I mean.
However his was 12v, when he plugged it in we could both smell burning and smoke was coming from socket, so unless the 12v ones come with a free fire extinguisher, I’ll still be looking for a 24v version.

robroy:

peirre:

Had a quick look thanks mate, but will decide when I get home…Cheers.

To the guys who say 12v ones work on 24, …the only reason I want one of these is my mate got a one to put in his new Merc like mine, I had never seen them before.
Basically it was a cig lighter solid plug with a holder attached on the other end, if you see what I mean.
However his was 12v, when he plugged it in we could both smell burning and smoke was coming from socket, so unless the 12v ones come with a free fire extinguisher, I’ll still be looking for a 24v version.

I had one, the 3rd time it hit the floor I got the hump and threw it in the drawer, you can have it if you want but it’s ■■■■.

Providing you don’t buy a cheap Chinese import from Ebay, anything you plug into the lighter socket will be marked with the voltages it accepts.

our local halfords had one that is a stalk which plugs in to the cig lighter, and a phone holder attached, just need a small usb lead to go from charger to the phone

on the back, it did say 12/24v

I bought one of these, top brand, it fell apart after a month.

Can charge up to 4 devices .
12 or 24 volt
This might be what your after
http://www.halfords.com/technology/mobile-phone-accessories/multisockets/halfords-quad-usb-car-charger