Carlisle truckstop closed at weekends?

i did a run to newcastle from glasgow last night. as i forgot to take cash and dont like having to buy access to my own money i nipped into carlisle truckstop to find it now closes from 1200 saturday to 1800 sunday leaving us with no facilities at all. are weekends drivers not good enough to stay open for? :imp:

scanny77:
i did a run to newcastle from glasgow last night. as i forgot to take cash and dont like having to buy access to my own money i nipped into carlisle truckstop to find it now closes from 1200 saturday to 1800 sunday leaving us with no facilities at all. are weekends drivers not good enough to stay open for? :imp:

i thought most truckstops closed at roughly them times, but its a few years since i worked permanant weekends. supply an demand, if the demand was there they’d supply the service. they’re only in business to make money, so proberly not profitable to open.

stevie

you couldve popped into asda next door or mcd’s. there just isnt enough freight on the roads to make it cost efective for a private enterprise

I always go on ‘The Golden Fleece’ at JNC 42, Cafe is only open through the day but I think the BP Fuel/Shop/Shower is open 24/7 ? (and there is overnight parking).

i normally use the fleece but the A69 is the junction before it. plus the fleece cash point charges you so there would have been little point in going there instead of annandale water MSA.
there were trucks parked at carlisle plus changeovers. presumably the security man can take money for parking up but no facilities at all? what the hell are they paying for if they dont even have access to toilets?

Last time I was in at the weekend to do a changeover, they kept the barriers down and parking was free. Reason being, If the shop is closed there’s nowhere to validate your ticket for leaving.

No use opening if they aint making any money? :wink:

profits over providing a service? makes you feel wanted doesnt it? :unamused:

From my last experience in Carlisle Truckstop, you have had a result, the food is garbage when the place is open, so you saved even more money by not parking.

Even in Europe, especially France, where the food is tremendous value, the resto and routiers normally close on Saturday Lunch until 5am Monday

scanny77:

Welcome to the real world. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

i live in the real world but i had higher expectations from a truckstop. they are acting like an MSA!

i dont eat from these places anyway and now i dont have to pay their stupidly high prices for a cup of coffee either. all i wanted was some cash and a pee, both of which are seemingly asking too much if you work weekends :unamused:

scanny77:
i live in the real world but i had higher expectations from a truckstop. they are acting like an MSA!

i dont eat from these places anyway and now i dont have to pay their stupidly high prices for a cup of coffee either. all i wanted was some cash and a pee, both of which are seemingly asking too much if you work weekends :unamused:

Someone already suggested Asda, free cash machines or cashback, free toilets and cheap food. I honestly couldn’t be arsed coming off the M6, fannying about driving down to the truckstop if you were not going for a meal.

If you ran a cafe and you only had one customer in all day who only wanted a mug of tea, would you carry on?

scanny77:

Yes, but would you operate a truck if it lost money every single week just to provide a service?

scanny77:
:

There’s your trouble, expectations. Expect ■■■■■ then you will not be disappointed.

you’ve got to remember they aren’t a msa run by a huge corporation or a place that as hundreds of cars and coaches in everyday like tebay if the only people to call in on a sunday want a ■■■■ and somewhere to take 45 whats the point in opening?

Did you not try Lockerbie truckstop :question: as I understand a lot better than Carlisle

Or you cold have parked o the ind est & walked to the ASDA that is there or the Mcd they both have facilities etc

i wound up getting lucky. there is a barclays bank at the end of the road where british bakeries is (wheatfield road?) so i managed to get cash for free anyway. plus a dozen free tea cakes to munch on my way back to eurocentral :laughing: