Carlisle to lampeter

Looking at map I would say down the 470 then the 44 to Aberystwyth, 487 to aberaeron, then 482…

Any one offer any better routes?

Lampeter isn’t the best to get to to be honest. We go there regularily the road’s hard after Aberystwyth and not good after Aberaeron. We dometimes go A449 M4 A48 to Carmarthen which is further but you can crack on. Trouble is the road’s a pig from Carmarthen especially at top weight. Pays your money takes your choice but there’s not much in it either way although A44 etc may be a tad quicker if you’ve got plenty of fuel to burn.

Cheers, its not me that’s going its another driver. He’ll be loaded to only about 35t so shouldn’t be to much hassle. I used to do quarries down that way but I was always coming from Aberystwyth after tipping coal.

just a heads up, they’re resurfacing the 487 aber to llanfranian (a485 junction) and theyres several sections of roadworks further down to aberaeron. hit it at the wrong time and you can be delayed up to an hour.

happysack:
Looking at map I would say down the 470 then the 44 to Aberystwyth, 487 to aberaeron, then 482…

Any one offer any better routes?

No. That is the best you’ll get; as others said not so nice after Aberaeron. Not particularly difficult, just a bit twisty and a couple of narrow spots.

Be a man and come down through Devils Bridge and tregaron! :wink:

switchlogic:

never been that road but it wouldn’t bother me! As I said its not me doing that load!

switchlogic:

OR - Aberystwyth - Lampeter but take the short-cut on the B4578 through Stag’s Head (past Llangeitho) to avoid Tregaron, then down through Llangybi. Should be fun!!

You cruel bu**ers!

Wouldn’t be carting hay/straw per chance?

Only been there once bloody nightmare never again I went m4 way never thought I was ever going to get there :open_mouth:

Come down to Shrewsbury then the A49 to Leominster,then take the A44-A4113 towards Brecon picking up the A438 then A40 past Brecon through Llandovery to Llanwrda turn right on the A482 to Lampeter.

switchlogic:

used to go to the trotting in tregaron…used to stay in a nice little pub in aberaeron :sunglasses:

btw…just seen you,near derby.

Thanks. I passed on the “helpful” tips. He went the way I suggested, then cut across to newbridge to reload. No dramas that he had admitted to!