Carlisle International Airport

Apparently,Carlisle City Council will give “fast eddie air” permission to develop the “airport” into the main European Hub,PROVIDING------- that “fast eddie air” spends £100K to look after 3 pairs of “short legged Oooo Me Goolie birds” that nest in the middle of the run-way every year!!Jumbo Jet flights from America will be suspended during the nesting season so Heathrow and Schipol will have a “window” of opertunity to re-open and accept a few flights during the the few weeks that Carlisle airport will be closed.If the “fast one” fails to get permission they will close down all their operations in Carlisle and move them to Penrith !!! ■■■■■■■■■■ News Reporter.

Oo me goolie birds, haven’t heard that for a while :laughing:

Personally, I think Carlisle Airport should go ahead. There is very little commerical air transport unless your willing to travel to Newcastle or Blackpool, and Stobart’s are certinaly ready and willing to invest good money in doing it, and creating jobs in ■■■■■■■■ From what I keep reading on the News and Star website most people are for it too, so I can’t see what the council are playing at.

dew:

Personally, I think Carlisle Airport should go ahead. There is very little commerical air transport unless your willing to travel to Newcastle or Blackpool, and Stobart’s are certinaly ready and willing to invest good money in doing it, and creating jobs in ■■■■■■■■ From what I keep reading on the News and Star website most people are for it too, so I can’t see what the council are playing at.

It’s a bird that has extremely short legs and when it come into land ---------Ooooooo! There’s not the population in ■■■■■■■ and the surrounding area to support a viable airport ( 1% of the population) You only need to look at Blackpool Airport,and they have closer access to a greater population but still can’t compete with Manchester and Liverpool.I think the “chuckle brothers” have a cunning plan and it dosen’t include the creation of a fully functioning airport for ■■■■■■■■■■■■ get serious,Glasgow,Edinburgh,Newcastle,Teeside and Leeds Bradford are all under-used and have capacity to spare !! So I don’t think the prospect of a “Carlisle International” is an imminent prospect in the near future ( or our lifetime).Bewick

They are probably hoping that the Airports Authority in this country extend the international model of naming airports after their most famous sons. Let me think who would that be?

T.B

Stan Laurel Airport sounds O.K. to me :slight_smile: .

Bewick:

dew:

It’s a bird that has extremely short legs and when it come into land ---------Ooooooo! There’s not the population in ■■■■■■■ and the surrounding area to support a viable airport ( 1% of the population) You only need to look at Blackpool Airport,and they have closer access to a greater population but still can’t compete with Manchester and Liverpool.I think the “chuckle brothers” have a cunning plan and it dosen’t include the creation of a fully functioning airport for ■■■■■■■■■■■■ get serious,Glasgow,Edinburgh,Newcastle,Teeside and Leeds Bradford are all under-used and have capacity to spare !! So I don’t think the prospect of a “Carlisle International” is an imminent prospect in the near future ( or our lifetime).Bewick

I don’t think it’d be an international airport really, but as Stobarts already own London Southend, it would open up easy commuter flights to the major UK Airports and possibly Ireland, which would be a real boost to the area.

Is it the case that the lease on their Kingston site is about to expire which would explain the need to get the airport for a base plus you need somewhere to launch the old private jet and the chopper.I think if everybody had their own that pair would’nt have a penny. Eddie.

Has anyone else had “The Whistleblower” e.mail ? Looks to me like the “chuckle brothers” have tried to “suffocate” their ex pilot legally when he “grassed up” to the CAA,some of the court jargon is bad to follow but one interesting bit was the valuation of Carlisle Airport was it £4 million and “the Chuckles” were going to stuff it into their PLC group for £14million!!!There’s no flys on those boys,no wonder they were desperate to get a “super injuntion” to stop any light been shone on their “ducking and diving”. Man U’s Giggsy spent a Million trying to gag the bird he was knocking off when all the media knew what he had been at !! Any more ideas anyone? Cheers Bewick.

mushroomman:

:smiley:
I’m all for it as long as Stobart doesn’t try to land at Ronaldsway Isle of Man when t’weather is bad in Carlisle.
We’ve enough grabbing bloody sharks operating out of here without that bloody lot.

Now if it was ROBSON airport,allowances could be made. He’s the only famous bloke I can think of from Carlisle other than Melvyn Bragg, and he did bugger all.

anoniom

Chris Webb:

mushroomman:

:smiley:
I’m all for it as long as Stobart doesn’t try to land at Ronaldsway Isle of Man when t’weather is bad in Carlisle.
We’ve enough grabbing bloody sharks operating out of here without that bloody lot.

Now if it was ROBSON airport,allowances could be made. He’s the only famous bloke I can think of from Carlisle other than Melvyn Bragg, and he did bugger all.

anoniom

I will have to correct you regading Lord Bragg Chris,well someone has to eh!,Melvyn is a Wigton lad born and bred so he is a Marra !! I’m sure he wouldn’t be too happy about been called a “Gadgy” frae Carlisle !! But your right about Ronaldsway being the closest airport to divert to if Carlisle International is fog bound.I can just imagine a dozen Stobart Air Jumbos parked up on R’way and t’old sniffer dog throwing its-self at the van doors trying to get out to do his job!! Cheers Dennis.

dew:

I agree with you dew, there is little enough jobs around ■■■■■■■ without one of the counties biggest names and major employers moving out. Its all that Gorden Brown’s (farmer) falt. I’ve been told is is Irvingtons most hated man and he was even been band from the Local Pub (good on them).
Come on Carlisle City Council, you promised to sort out the airport, so just give it the Planning Permision and sod the people at Irvington and there views!
Kindest regards
CG

the farmer at IRTHINGTON was offered a cash settlement but he refused and then took it to court and this cost.true he is hated but at the end of the day its all down to carlisle council,and when the leader is a jumped up scot who wanted to drop THE GREAT BORDER CITY then i think there is no chance of it going through

little ha ba:
the farmer at IRTHINGTON was offered a cash settlement but he refused and then took it to court and this cost.true he is hated but at the end of the day its all down to carlisle council,and when the leader is a jumped up scot who wanted to drop THE GREAT BORDER CITY then i think there is no chance of it going through

Thats true little ha ba. The City Council have really messed this up big time.
Kindest regards
CG

■■■■■■■■ gill:

little ha ba:

Thats true little ha ba. The City Council have really messed this up big time.
Kindest regards
CG

This “farmer” problem could have been sorted quite easily if “tink” had taken said farmer up in the “esl” 'copter over the Solway and made him an offer he couldn’t refuse! Simples! Similar to what the 7th Cavalry did in their “Huey’s” when they were fighting the Vietcong,apparently if they had a couple of VC in the chopper,after they kicked the first one out the second one never stopped “talking” !! Bewick.