Carisio

Heard a rumour that Carisio was closed does anyone know wether it’s right as I am making my way down there this weekend,
Thanks bob

Yep its shut, sometime in December.

Hotel D’Angelo just up the road is good, plenty of parking, goodish food, cold beer, free showers and all the old Carisio brits drivers park there :smiley:

I could never see what the fuss is about with Cariso, what is the attraction about ?
When using the Mount Blanc tunnel, you can park both sides and there is a decent restaurant up the stairs, Aosta lorry park has a drivers restaurant.

Is that right after the peage with the swimming pool?

Is that hotel d’angolo via Torino passed Carisio and turn left

Thats it, up to the round about and its on your left.

A lot of lads are using D’angolo now.

No dedicated showers there, they’ll let you use one of the hotel rooms if available.

I’ve been using il carettino at Tortona, got everything you need with no mosquitos!!

Where is ‘il carettino at Tortona’. Cheers.

toby1234abc:
I could never see what the fuss is about with Cariso, what is the attraction about ?
When using the Mount Blanc tunnel, you can park both sides and there is a decent restaurant up the stairs, Aosta lorry park has a drivers restaurant.

For one thing it’s an hour further into Italy after Mont Blank Tunnel.
The few times I used it, which was over 10 years ago, it was a decent place to park, friendly, good food and not too expensive.

Don’t know how long since you’ve been down that way Toby bit as said it was clean, friendly and not expensive. Aosta on the other hand resembles more of a gypsy camp.

Plambert:
Don’t know how long since you’ve been down that way Toby bit as said it was clean, friendly and not expensive. Aosta on the other hand resembles more of a gypsy camp.

Totally agree

Tony prob seeing the mayors daughter in Aosta and use Togo cycling togeather lol