Carisio closed down

Not my photos

FB_IMG_1464549465826.jpg

FB_IMG_1464549448369.jpg

The best truck stop in Italy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh dear for most"British"drivers,that place was the first stop for a weekend,and in the weekday,showers,toilets ,food,secure parking.,there were so many stories every week. there would be stories about what happened the week before.

Some drivers were well known there as they were on regular runs.and times thought they owned it,me i used it occasional,however the performances of the few when full of booze ,well i just liked to be away from it like lots of seasoned drivers did [got the tshirt] But a safe friendly place it was,there are more men on this site that will know of the generosity of the owners ,over to you.

PDB never liked the place, used the one before as a little quieter but cannot remember the name, all I remember you came of auto road and you crossed over a bridge and it was tucked under the motorway. Buzzer.

Buzzer:
PDB never liked the place, used the one before as a little quieter but cannot remember the name, all I remember you came of auto road and you crossed over a bridge and it was tucked under the motorway. Buzzer.

Paladini

Hi Buzzzer SANTHIAF OR OR SISTERS. In all my time i never once stopped in them ,there was one at RHO .I worked for A.C.H.A number of times, esp ,when they got took over by nobby-de ,strangle a lot of wind up merchants[tom peppers] worked there and used Santhia also the sisters…maybe it is the same one ?
Enough drivers on here someone will know.

Navarra services for me,parked right at the end, so not blocked in, for a early away if en-route to GREECE …or on meat delivery, lambs.to Milan market,Florence, Forli-impolo,… the best part of ITALY was coming out , i liked the country, it was the law i did not,bung ,bung ,bung,if the Garda fianacie were with the police you knew it was a genuine stop…
.I would like a small mini bus tour[NOT ME DRIVING] all around Italy and out through the Brenner,to go and look at all the places i have been as hundreds like me,and never seen them proply .pdb.

Santhia was the place I was talking about, remember stopping there on route to Rome with Este Lauder on in the inaugeral trip in my first ever new truck a 385 Globetrotter and that was in 1986, took a mate with me for the ride and we could not get over the size of the cab back then but nowadays its commonplace for such cavernous work space, went on to bye over 100 new globys and fh’s but at a lot more money than the first at an earth shattering £36 and a bit grand. It was always the same on the job you never really had time to stop and look at anywhere of interest, most times you relaxed with a drink or two in the bar but that could get expensive, cheers Buzzer.

europleb:
Not my photos

You can just see the new hotel on the right which they started to build and never finished last, time I was in there I heard the boss man was looking at a bit of time for various misdemeanours maybe the plod have finally caught up with him, hence the closure !!

Davemac:
The best truck stop in Italy

Another sad bit of news, Carisio closed, who’d have thought that would ever happen.
Drove lorries since 1969, first euro trip was Italy in 1979, Carisio, even then, was a well established stopping place for UK drivers, and it was well known for the mozzies.
On that first euro outing I was introduced to the place by an experienced euro driver who’d helped me at Cluses with my paperwork.
The Blanc was an eye opener for the first time, both going up on the French side and the descent on the Italian side!!
I followed him into Carisio not really knowing what to expect, but as soon as I walked through the door I thought ‘What a fantastic atmosphere’, drivers were actually sharing tables, eating together, talking to each other as if they were lifelong friends, admittedly, the Frizante and the bira helped.
This was indeed a world of difference from what we had in the UK, free parking, showers, restaurant quality food, and all the staff were polite and friendly, and treated you as a human being.
Over the years, right up until I packed in driving in 2001, I used Carisio regularly. Though there were the few times when the alcohol got the better of some people, (it was usually a small minority Murfitts drivers who fell out with each other, didn’t really bother anyone else, and I have to say that the majority of Murfitts men were top quality), it was a fantastic place to stop for the weekend or for just the one night, everything you could possibly need was there.
It really is saddening to hear that it’s closed, but not that surprising, seeing how the job has changed in the past 15 years since I packed it in. Believe it or not, I still miss the job, but I know that the job as I remember it doesn’t exist anymore.
Pete

You so Wright about that Davemac of pan express from 1973

Thought that this news would have had a bigger reaction, surely, out of the thousands of Brits that used this place over the years, some must be on here?
Pete

Yes PETCUD there will be lots of drivers who have read what you have well put .however maybe they do not want to get on to the key board i was like that until i found spell checker .in lots of posts the people who view do not respond …AS for CARISO yes i will probably never see it again as you said the style and job is ,so i am told different .

Just past Carisio sad. Hi Richard, I’ve tried in online for my flight Sunday morning. However it doesn’t allow me to have access to my boarding pass because jack hasn’t booked in online yet. As I believe you’ve booked the tickets together? I don’t have jacks number so can’t chase him up on this matter? Thanks Dave