Careful where you snooze !!

Apparently according to the post the driver of the video had to knock on the window of the cab to wake the driver who had fell asleep across the seats !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :blush:
facebook.com/14323316582463 … 410914009/

had to unfollow that on FB they post endless â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  tips and I cant get away with the car driving â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  who comment on everything.

the only thing the site taught me was to remove my works fleece when driving as people are that â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  pathetic and full of self importance they report you to the company (I got called a â– â– â– â– â– â–  the other day because I got irritated when some tart in a toureg took longer to pull away than the 44t artic she was next too).

their are far too many poor driver who think they are the law because they have dash cam nowadays and I am so glad I don’t have to put up with what the average driver does on a daily basis.

back to the original video - he was a lucky boy but no doubt sacked for it.

Hear what you say about people complaining to me when I’m in my work gear on my way home, but that bloke deserved sacking. That was awful.

I’ve not got fb, can anyone enlighten me?

PaulNowak:
I’ve not got fb, can anyone enlighten me?

It’s a rigid rolling backwards onto a dual carriageway stopping traffic mate.
Apparently they knocked the handbrake off while having a kip!

Although I guess in this case he may have left the engine running to keep the cab warm, (I used to). I always find it astonishing the amount of people who put the vehicle into neutral when parked. Some people even argue that you should never leave it in gear when parked, (including a police traffic officer on the tv) but I always think it is a good belt and braces approach esp on vehicles without fail-safe brakes.

Bluey Circles:
Although I guess in this case he may have left the engine running to keep the cab warm, (I used to). I always find it astonishing the amount of people who put the vehicle into neutral when parked. Some people even argue that you should never leave it in gear when parked, (including a police traffic officer on the tv) but I always think it is a good belt and braces approach esp on vehicles without fail-safe brakes.

Most trucks are auto nowadays so leaving it in gear would make no difference. If you turn our DAFs off and leave the gear selector in D or R you can let the handbrake off and roll away.

Bluey Circles:

Not to forget the scorez of irresponsible drivers who leave their vehicle parked on an incline, without a brick behind the wheel… unbelievable.

m1cks:

Bluey Circles:

Most trucks are auto nowadays so leaving it in gear would make no difference. If you turn our DAFs off and leave the gear selector in D or R you can let the handbrake off and roll away.

leaving a truck in D or R would be pretty dam irresponsible too.
In any case the one in the video looks like a puddle jumper, surely to god they aren’t auto now as well?

I’d never leave an auto in gear anyway. I know what my motor is like when it loses its air. Can’t even rev it up to build the air back up because it thinks it’s in gear, even after you’ve selected neutral, if it starts at all, all you’ve got is tickover until it builds up enough pressure to get you into a proper neutral.

PaulNowak:
I’d never leave an auto in gear anyway. I know what my motor is like when it loses its air. Can’t even rev it up to build the air back up because it thinks it’s in gear, even after you’ve selected neutral, if it starts at all, all you’ve got is tickover until it builds up enough pressure to get you into a proper neutral.

Any places left in your CPC course? :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:

PaulNowak:

Why cpc course? Was just explaining the foibles of my auto box

PaulNowak:

Evil8Beezle:

PaulNowak:

I was mocking the CPC mate!

It was a reference to state that this sort of information would actually be a useful elements in a CPC class, as you only gain that sort of knowledge from experience.

Evil8Beezle:

PaulNowak:

Evil8Beezle:

PaulNowak:

I was mocking the CPC mate!

It was a reference to state that this sort of information would actually be a useful elements in a CPC class, as you only gain that sort of knowledge from experience.

That’s a fair point that like