Careful around Newport come March 8

For all you that fly through the average speed cameras beware, they are being replaced with variable speed cameras. They were tried out during the Ryder Cup and what a mess it made.

southwalesargus.co.uk/news/8 … e_changed/

If you look there are no cameras on the gantries to enforce the speed limit.
But they do have the tunnel of terror and all the numpties that do think there are speed cameras and they will do the job of keeping everyone at 30mph and below :unamused:

bubsy06:

Agreed, I’ve wondered how they’d enforce it.

john_costigan:

bubsy06:

Agreed, I’ve wondered how they’d enforce it.

They know most drivers are dull enough to believe the signs :laughing:

They already have the yellow cameras for the50 limit. I assume that these can be reprogrammed. They also have quite a few plain wrappers around.

chooch:
They already have the yellow cameras for the50 limit. I assume that these can be reprogrammed. They also have quite a few plain wrappers around.

Half or more of the SPECS cameras have been removed.

chooch:

The average speed cameras wont work because its a variable speed limit, the speed limit could change from 50mph up to 70mph between a set of cameras, they have to have cameras fixed on the back of the gantries like on the m42 on m25, they will then get set to whatever speed is showing on the other side of the gantry.

What was the point building the M4 in South Wales? 50 mph dopey Taffs can’t drive or something!! The M8 links 2 major cities Glasgow and Edinburgh and where is the 50mph speed limit on that 2 lane motorway!! :unamused:

dessy:
What was the point building the M4 in South Wales? 50 mph dopey Taffs can’t drive or something!! The M8 links 2 major cities Glasgow and Edinburgh and where is the 50mph speed limit on that 2 lane motorway!! :unamused:

It was brought in because of the numties that would come on at 24 and 26, straight up the slip road and into the middle lane without looking. The rest would try to cut across three lanes at the last second to get off, all the usual stuff. There was an accident every Monday morning and every Friday night,shutting the motorway, so yes you’re right :laughing: :laughing:
The plain wrappers are mostly Volvos and BMWs but there also an Audi A3, I was told that they took around £150000 in 6 months :imp:

bubsy06:
But they do have the tunnel of terror and all the numpties that do think there are speed cameras and they will do the job of keeping everyone at 30mph and below :unamused:

if you look bubsy06 there are some gantries with cameras on now not working yet but are fitted ready for the switch on

So does this ATM mean the hard shoulder will be open for traffic like the M42? Probably not.

Snudger:
So does this ATM mean the hard shoulder will be open for traffic like the M42? Probably not.

No, this is a budget version of traffic management :laughing: