.career change/training north wales

Hello

Been thinking about training to get my class 2 and in future 1 , I’ve worked in or around logistics since leaving school, 5 years at a skip hire recycling company as a drivers mate/loader , 4 years in logistics at a large aircraft factory, FLT work mainly.Just a few questions really for the lads on here

I’ve only been driving a car for the past 6 months would you say I’d need more driving experience before going in for class 2 test?
Would you say the driving industry is picking up in particular for new young drivers?
Can you recommend any training companies around the north wales area?
Would it be beneficial to do ADR training even if I only pass class 2 to begin with? Open up more options?

Any help would be great

Hi. Your limited driving experience wont help; having said that I passed my PSV after driving cars for 3 months. Your trainer should be Chevron in Flint. Speak to John and he will know the local situation for ADR driver demand.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete
cheers for reply,I’ve heard good things about chevron and will contact them in due course.
I’m currently working 4 nights a week so was thinking get my 7.5 tonne out the way and look around for some agency work on spare weekend would you say id get weekend only work from time to time to build up some more experience?

Cheers mate

Once again, John @ Chevron will be able to answer this best as it’s his area. I dont want to mislead you by giving you information that isn’t geographically correct.

Give him a call - he doesn’t bite!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

As Pete said, Chevron is probably your best bet.

I did previous training with someone else and failed, went with Chevron and I passed first time - yesterday. You take your test out of their training centre, which makes the whole experience less stressful. Can’t recommend them enough.