Card Reader.

Macski:

Zac_A:

_JD:
But the card reader is only about £20 and the software is about £10 I think, can’t remember, might be less.

Saves a lot of hassel having one as the data is always available to you

Have you a link to the card reader & software please Macski.

164480:

Macski:

Zac_A:

_JD:
But the card reader is only about £20 and the software is about £10 I think, can’t remember, might be less.

Have you a link to the card reader & software please Macski.

Card reader is on Amazon, it is now £22 amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 … UTF8&psc=1

The app is an Android app Drivers Card Reader by Lobol, It now costs $6 looking at the web site

It is really good, automatically calculates all your hours, how much resty you need, had, require, shows up infridgments

Another Edit here is the link to the software play.google.com/store/apps/deta … l=en&gl=US

I can’t help with the software but an omnikey 3121 card reader will read driver cards.

ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw= … 1&_sacat=0

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

Thanks for the reply’s macski & tachograph.Macski,do you know if their is any software for the iPhone as I cannot get Google play store on my phone or iPad.

164480:
Thanks for the reply’s macski & tachograph.Macski,do you know if their is any software for the iPhone as I cannot get Google play store on my phone or iPad.

I don’t I am sorry, but surely you can buy a cheap Android phone or tablet.

Honestly all you need to do is keep a record in a notebook to keep track of your daily and weekly rest periods, alternatively keep a record in a spreadsheet.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to keep a record to keep yourself legal but buying new phones or tablets is a bit over the top imho.

tachograph:
Honestly all you need to do is keep a record in a notebook to keep track of your daily and weekly rest periods, alternatively keep a record in a spreadsheet.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to keep a record to keep yourself legal but buying new phones or tablets is a bit over the top imho.

True although having a card reader is easier.

A decent new tablet can cost £90 or less, a used phone £50.

Macski:

Zac_A:
But sticking just to the card downloading question, easiest thing is to pay a compliance company to look after this for you, costs about £1 per week. Drop by anytime is convenient (assuming office hours and the odd Saturday) and dip the card, which on a monthly basis will be analysed and a report emailed to you.

True, and apparently Tachomaster offer some software for free
tachomaster.co.uk/download/
I can’t comment on the output of Tachomaster as I’m currently only using TruTac.

However, we don’t know how well OP can analyse his own data accurately. If I was in OPs position and seriously interested in my own downloads, then I personally would let an experienced person look at it.

I have card reader
ZOWEETEK ID Card Reader, Type C Smart Card Reader for Portuguese,Spainish, Belgian,latvia,Estonia,German and more,Compatible with Windows
On Amazon £14 type C connection so connects to mobile.

Then googleplay store
Driver card reader Pro, by lobo team / is good as mentioned by others, tested a few and found it to be simple to use and easy to get to info needed.

And more likely to loose a pad or book than mobile or tablet, plus 100% accurate to the minute for everything,
And your note pad won’t tell you if you’ve hit the wrong button on the tacho possibly, and caused an infringement, so helps keep an eye on those too.

Get tablet, and then you have also Google streetview, netflix etc… think tablets are a great bit of kit these days for a driver, if the tablet has gps built in, also option for tomtom hgv app for £50, so no need for separate satnav.

TonkaBoy:
I have card reader
ZOWEETEK ID Card Reader, Type C Smart Card Reader for Portuguese,Spainish, Belgian,latvia,Estonia,German and more,Compatible with Windows
On Amazon £14 type C connection so connects to mobile.

Then googleplay store
Driver card reader Pro, by lobo team / is good as mentioned by others, tested a few and found it to be simple to use and easy to get to info needed.

And more likely to loose a pad or book than mobile or tablet, plus 100% accurate to the minute for everything,
And your note pad won’t tell you if you’ve hit the wrong button on the tacho possibly, and caused an infringement, so helps keep an eye on those too.

Get tablet, and then you have also Google streetview, netflix etc… think tablets are a great bit of kit these days for a driver, if the tablet has gps built in, also option for tomtom hgv app for £50, so no need for separate satnav.

Thanks,I’ll see if I can get a cheap tablet,I’ve already got a iPad for Google maps,Netflix ect,I’m surprised you can’t get anything on iPad/iPhone.

I’ve found this on Amazon which works with iOS £49.95 so I can use it on my iPad which saves me buying a tablet
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09 … 9PG2&psc=1

& can get this at £2.99 a month if I take out 6 months subscription
tachogram.com/settings/payments

Is anyone using this & if so is it easy to use.?

I’ve found a Samsung tablet in my local cex for £45,so looks like I’ll purchase this along with the the ZOWEETEK ID Card Reader & use Driver card reader Pro & all will be good.

I haven’t reread this whole thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned already.

If the company you drive for use Tachomaster to analyse the driver card data as many companies do, you could open an account with them for £1 per week, from memory I believe you will be able to see the data downloaded from your driver card by your company, so you won’t need a card reader or to buy software.

Just a though that may be worth looking into :wink:

tachograph:
I haven’t reread this whole thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned already.

If the company you drive for use Tachomaster to analyse the driver card data as many companies do, you could open an account with them for £1 per week, from memory I believe you will be able to see the data downloaded from your driver card by your company, so you won’t need a card reader or to buy software.

Thanks for the reply but I work for different companies & don’t know what system they use, so it’s just so I can keep a eye on my hours

164480:
I’ve found a Samsung tablet in my local cex for £45,so looks like I’ll purchase this along with the the ZOWEETEK ID Card Reader & use Driver card reader Pro & all will be good.

Let us know how you get on with the Zoweetek

tachograph:

You can’t see any info from the company you work for if they use tachomaster. But the company can set up a login pass code to use the mobile worker app which show certain information.

It does cost 1 quid per week for any weeks with data off the card for tachomaster to use at home, but a card reader is required.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Macski:

164480:

Let us know how you get on with the Zoweetek

Will do,I’m just waiting for the reader to arrive from Amazon along with a adapter as the reader won’t plug straight into samsung tablet,tablet is micro usb so it needs this.
amazon.co.uk/dp/B09J98N7FW? … ct_details

Probably of more use would be an app where you can put in your start and finish times and also hypothetical ones in the future, to see if what you intend to do would be legal. As far as I know the downloading software just tells you what you have done so far.

You should know at the time of taking a weekly rest what type of rest it is. You don’t really need software for that.

It can get a bit confusing however, because some weekly rests can count in either week if they go over Sunday into Monday.

As I have said before a single day off when you need 2 days off is about as helpful as a ■■■■ in a space suit.

Bit late to the party but…

can’t you do a daily printouts from the tacho head & keep them in a diary? that would by my first option with tbh.

"Noremac:
. As far as I know the downloading software just tells you what you have done so far.

This is what my downloading software tells me.