card in?

Hi

My wife who works for the NHS will be tasked shortly to move one those mobile testing labs (artic) to another site 12 miles down the road. Its parked up at a general haulage firms yard at the moment, and it’s likely they will move it, but my wife has suggested I can do it for free.

They are hideously expensive, but I’m happy to do it. This seems a very unlikely scenario, but if it did come to pass do I need to use my digicard and treat it like a normal days work, or is there a dispensation. I can only think that insurance cover would thwart any such plan.

Thanks for any help.

Don’t do it for free. Making a rod for your own back, opening up a can of worms and all of that.

How do you intend to ensure that if something was to go wrong, either you have an accident or when you’ve moved it the scanner stops working, that you’re not the one that they pursue for compensation? What are you going to move it with?

Don’t get involved. It’s in a haulage company yard and they’ve both the trucks and insurance cover to move it.

Again, don’t do it.

Those things are worth a few million quid. It’ll be parked in some Gp’s car park (or somewhere similar) it’ll be incredibly tight getting it in. If you bump it, I’d hate to think what you’d be leaving yourself open for.

There’s a fair bit of work involved setting them up with power, steps, water and such like. You do know the guys that do them are on pretty good money?

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to move a box for the NHS for free?

The company that moves these around the south east were advertising for drivers last month. Why not get a job with them and then get paid and also fulfill your wife’s ambitions.

Build5:
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to move a box for the NHS for free?

'Cause his wife said he would, lol. Read the op again.

I move medical units for a private (Not NHS) company and have to have my card in just like any other ‘normal’ job.

We build chemo lorries for a charity that are driven by NHS employees and as they only drive the lorry local and then park up for the day before returning to the hospital they do use Out Of Scope on the tacho.