card fault?

Hi i have just returned to driving got a new driver card. Last night the tachograph said “5/1 card download” it was alright on monday evening. Does any-one know what this code means please

Was it a new 1.4 tacho? The only other time I saw this was on a stoneridge and assumed it was a date for when the unit should next be downloaded. The date was different to yours ovbiously.
Does the tacho head still say the same when your card isn’t in it?

I’ve had this one some units, I just assume its a message telling you that your card needs downloading.

grumpy6684:
Hi i have just returned to driving got a new driver card. Last night the tachograph said “5/1 card download” it was alright on monday evening. Does any-one know what this code means please

I’m not sure but I think it’s a memory problem in the tachograph, basically the tachograph momentarily failed to download the information it needed from the card.

I assume the tachograph worked OK after the error message cleared ?

Just checked the tacho fault app on my phone and it is not a fault code but as mentioned previously is mearly a reminder that the card inserted needs to be downloaded by the date shown. So in your case by the 5th of January so monday at the latest.

How would a tachograph know when the driver card needs downloading :confused:

tachograph:

The new stoneridges do. Gives you a reminder a week before the 28 days are up since the last download. If its still not been done it tells you download overdue until it gets downloaded.

i have had this message a few times despite my card being downloaded at the end of every shift??

tachograph:

11th question down the list.

tachograph:

Im pretty sure the one I used had the message up without a card inserted so would asume it was a download date for the vehicle.

I would assume that the card and head unit would transfer data between them thus enabling the head unit to know when the card was last downloaded.
This is a screenshot from the app on my phone.

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

That appears to be an app for android phones, I can see how a phone or computer software could display a message when your card is due for download but the OP said the message was on the tachograph.

m1cks:

tachograph:

Im pretty sure the one I used had the message up without a card inserted so would asume it was a download date for the vehicle.

I can see how that’s possible.

Or even a generic message that pops up every 28 days saying that the card needs downloading, but that would be about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard :slight_smile:

Snowgo:

tachograph:

The new stoneridges do. Gives you a reminder a week before the 28 days are up since the last download. If its still not been done it tells you download overdue until it gets downloaded.

do you need downloading the card when you have the data from the unit?
how if you drive middle east and back after 6 weeks?

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

That appears to be an app for android phones, I can see how a phone or computer software could display a message when your card is due for download but the OP said the message was on the tachograph.

■■■■, you spotted that. I was just trying to confuse the issue. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t know how it would know either, I wasn’t aware the card was marked with anything each time it was downloaded.

This thread did remind me of one thing. I haven’t seen my card for a few weeks and have no idea where it is, think I’ve accidently binned it when I was having a clear out.

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

■■■■, you spotted that. I was just trying to confuse the issue. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t know how it would know either, I wasn’t aware the card was marked with anything each time it was downloaded.

:laughing: :laughing:

I’ve just been browsing through the instruction manual for the latest Stoneridge tachographs and it does allow you to see when the card needs downloading, I haven’t found anything about messages popping up on the main screen yet but I’ve only just started reading.

I still don’t understand how the card is marked with an ordinary card reader so I’m guessing this probably only works if the card is downloaded while it’s in the tachograph.

Stoneridge_CardDownloadWarning.PNG

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

Er - That’s for Tacho Center, a mobile phone App (albeit one that can communicate with a tacho) not a tachograph.

TTBOMK downloading your card via the USB reader in the office doesn’t write anything to the card, so there would be no way for the tacho head in the vehicle to “know” if the card has been downloaded (and if it has, when that took place)?

(edit)
And I now see that while I’ve been faffing about looking on the Stoneridge website, this point has already been raised.

Roymondo:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

Er - That’s for Tacho Center, a mobile phone App (albeit one that can communicate with a tacho) not a tachograph.

I know, see my last post. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

I know too - see my (edited) previous post :slight_smile:

sorry not replied earlier been busy it is a stoneridge tacho in a new scania. My driver card is new used just once on monday it came up on tues about half way through shift. Message never cleared but card recorded data ok

tachograph:
I’ve just been browsing through the instruction manual for the latest Stoneridge tachographs and it does allow you to see when the card needs downloading, I haven’t found anything about messages popping up on the main screen yet but I’ve only just started reading.

I still don’t understand how the card is marked with an ordinary card reader so I’m guessing this probably only works if the card is downloaded while it’s in the tachograph.

yup, a message pops up every time you turn the ignition on when it’s nearing download time. the card is marked by the ordinary card reader the same way it’s marked by the authorities who check the card on the road while it’s removed from the tachograph.