Card download

Hi all, I had my card downloaded in the transport office last night and when we went to check the data it said the requested data was unavailable, it’s been working fine in the machine with no signs of any problems, has this happened to any body else, is the card faulty? Any info would be appreciated

Twinny:
Hi all, I had my card downloaded in the transport office last night and when we went to check the data it said the requested data was unavailable, it’s been working fine in the machine with no signs of any problems, has this happened to any body else, is the card faulty? Any info would be appreciated

Are you sure there wasn’t a problem with the software used to view the data, could you see any other data that’s previously been downloaded from the card ?

tachograph:

Twinny:

Are you sure there wasn’t a problem with the software used to view the data, could you see any other data that’s previously been downloaded from the card ?

No, couldn’t see anything, not that there’s much on it anyway

Is the tacho working ok with your card in?

Twinny:

tachograph:

Twinny:

I sounds like there’s a problem with the software that the company use rather than the driver card, have you seen the data from your card before at the same company ?

Hmm. This sort if thing seems to be getting more common, I have had 3 cards in as many months because they appear to go faulty.

I have asked if the company download equipment/software and tacho is okay and been told it can’t be that - I’ve just been unlucky.

Each time you contact DVLA they ask all the normal questions and then just replace it anyway.

This can’t be right surely and there must be an underlying problem? I’m sure when a million have been replaced for free they’ll look at it properly. :wink:

tachograph:

Twinny:

tachograph:

Twinny:

I sounds like there’s a problem with the software that the company use rather than the driver card, have you seen the data from your card before at the same company ?

This is the first week I have used my card as it’s the first driving job I’ve had

Twinny:

tachograph:

Twinny:

tachograph:

Twinny:

This is the first week I have used my card as it’s the first driving job I’ve had

simple test …Put card in tachohead if that goes ok do a printout of past days work done on said card , if that works . software on companys computer is rank , by the way did you insert the card in the download reader the right way round :wink: :wink:

nick2008:

Twinny:

tachograph:

Twinny:

tachograph:

Twinny:

simple test …Put card in tachohead if that goes ok do a printout of past days work done on said card , if that works . software on companys computer is rank , by the way did you insert the card in the download reader the right way round :wink: :wink:

Yeah the card works fine in the tacho unit and the printouts are showing everything

Twinny:
Yeah the card works fine in the tacho unit and the printouts are showing everything

In that case it’s either the companies software or something else that’s at fault not your card.

It could have been as Nick said that you’re card was put into the reader the wrong way round.

It can’t be read if it’s in the reader the wrong way round, I would try it again when you have the opportunity :wink:

tachograph:

Twinny:

In that case it’s either the companies software or something else that’s at fault not your card.

It could have been as Nick said that you’re card was put into the reader the wrong way round.

It can’t be read if it’s in the reader the wrong way round, I would try it again when you have the opportunity :wink:

you still got that twitchy eye :wink:

nick2008:

tachograph:

Twinny:

you still got that twitchy eye :wink:

Lol, it seems to be something that’s going around TN :wink: