Car Transporters.

Hello again Gents(and ladies),
As some will remember I was having a 2nd interview with Sensible this week,and to be honest I was surprised and disappointed with the wages on offer. Average seems to be around the £500 mark take home incl nights out. So not quite the big dough I’d been expecting. So it looks like i’ll be going back on tankers.Sigh.

Atleast you won’t have to worry about scratching the load, every cloud has a silver lining :slight_smile:

I went from tankers to cars back to tankers. I would not do cars again over tanker work. I think a few lads who i know doing tank work was once doing car work

£500 take home including nights out is disgusting. Assuming you’re out 4 nights that makes it £27,500 to get £500 a week take home incl 4 nights out at £25 a night. Working on time and a half after 8hrs and assuming a 12hr day makes the pay around £7.50 an hour or so.

I think it depends on the company. I start a new job on a rigid transporter in a weeks time and they are paying way above that.

I worked for sensible transport back in 2008. Ran out of the yard up at stockton on tees. As back then we were on a shocking hourly rate. As i remember cars were £1 on and off. Vans were £2.50 plus we got a mileage bonus after so many miles can’t remember how many. If we had to run empty we got nothing but the hourly rate which was £5.20 ph. Us northern drivers ended up running empty every day. The henstridge guys were going fully loaded from southampton-scotland and fully loaded back. These guys were earning big bucks…put me right off doing transporters again

Mr Physick:
So it looks like i’ll be going back on tankers.Sigh.

pump:
I went from tankers to cars back to tankers. I would not do cars again over tanker work.

What sort of tankers are we talking here?

Get on the tankers , more hazardous the better , that’s where the money is .

I’m on high quality edibles,but after looking around i’ll be renewing my ADR and going down that route.Wish i’d never let it lapse.

Mr Physick:
after looking around i’ll be renewing my ADR and going down that route.Wish i’d never let it lapse.

So what sort of opportunities have you found after looking around?

There is plenty around,got 2 tanker offers currently on the table,one is tramping,reasonable money,excellent equipment. c£550-600 th and the other is 4/4 nights at c£27.5kpa. Still nosing around.Agencies and former employers ringing daily.Without wanting to sound like a ■■■■■■■,I want to be well paid for my experience. So am holding out for around £11hr’ish,+ 1.5 ot,if it starts to get iffy moneywise(got some savings) i’ll take whats on offer.

Pimpdaddy:

Mr Physick:
So it looks like i’ll be going back on tankers.Sigh.

pump:
I went from tankers to cars back to tankers. I would not do cars again over tanker work.

What sort of tankers are we talking here?

fuel tankers for me. did waste tankers for a short bit … not good :unamused:

pump:
fuel tankers for me. did waste tankers for a short bit … not good :unamused:

Nice, you must be on a good un’:slight_smile: Any room for newbies yet?