Car transporters. Info needed please

Morning all. Posssibly looking at a change of jobs and interested in car transporters. Problem is i live in northyorkshire catterick, Does anyone know of any depots near the area, ie Darlington, teeside, m,boro, down to harrogate. Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Most car transporter companies will let u run out of somewhere near where u live or have a small yard near u up north.
It won’t say it on there Web site but there will be trucks in yards from BCA, ECM Carlson mobile services there loads national companies.
You will need to get a start with one of the companies go to there yard have a few weeks training then run out of a yard near you.

There you go

Beamish at Chester le Street?

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Munchkin:
Beamish at Chester le Street?

What are they like to work for ? There yard is just up the road from me they have a good few motors now would like any feed back on them

Not worked for them but worked for another Co where we swapped some jobs.
Think a lot of drivers been there a while. Quite a few big cabs too. Darren and Fen both sound guys.

Munchkin:
Not worked for them but worked for another Co where we swapped some jobs.
Think a lot of drivers been there a while. Quite a few big cabs too. Darren and Fen both sound guys.

The car transporters not my cup a tea but the low loader work with caravans and motorhomes looks ok

You could well end up carrying a few cars on those as backload, easy enough.
Darren does like his Daf trucks.

Mite give him a ring as they are 15 mins walk from my house got offered a job there years ago but had a good fix at the time

Brilliant quite a few leads to go on there guys. Thanks.

I’ve spoken to few there lads in different sites.

They seem happy enough and money seemed good from what they were saying.

Only down fall for me but maybe not for everyone was the lads was saying they do alot of 4 on 4 off routine

Themoocher:

Only down fall for me but maybe not for everyone was the lads was saying they do alot of 4 on 4 off routine

That would put a block on the job for me Monday to Friday is what I do to many weekends to work doing 4 on and as for wages I spoke to a driver on Monday and he was on £100 pound a week less than me and he said job and money was good :grimacing:

taz1972:

Themoocher:

That would put a block on the job for me Monday to Friday is what I do to many weekends to work doing 4 on and as for wages I spoke to a driver on Monday and he was on £100 pound a week less than me and he said job and money was good :grimacing:

Thinking about it he has a lot of Monday to Friday drivers as the yard is full over the weekend

taz1972:

taz1972:

Themoocher:

Thinking about it he has a lot of Monday to Friday drivers as the yard is full over the weekend

I don’t know mate can only go with what few of there lads have says on the 11+ transporters.
Spoke to couple of them in passing they all seem happy enough and they were on 4 on 4 off aswell.
Says they were on over 40k which you aint going get any where near doing any other driving that far in North East really.
It’s good if it suits you working 6 month of the year :sunglasses:

When I was made redundant in 94, I went to a car transporter company, spent an afternoon with them, did the classroom bit, examined the truck, drove a car up and to the front, opened the door, looked down and reversed back down and went home, started on Tesco two days later … getting out of a car up there is something I don’t want to do :laughing:

Funny thing is I’m terrified cleaning house gutters on a ladder but could clamber over a transporter no bother.