Car transporters and corners

I was going in to Lincoln and I saw this guy I felt bloody sorry for him and there was not a lot I could do to help but fortunately someone that was behind him understood what was going on and helped him.

Click on the pics to make them bigger.

This is why they started using wagon and drags these things just DO NOT look like fun after QUITE A FEW shunts he got round there obviously this guy has done it loads of times.

i was with sherk the other week and he showed his transporter overhang and i wouldn fancy it. :open_mouth:

:laughing:

Same trailer as mine (and Bowserman’s), Transporter Engineering Plus 9 Van Carrier.

I’m sensing a bit of inexperience with an artic transporter here. He should have had some training with it before being let loose! :unamused:

The trick is to overshoot the turn, then wang it back over…you kind of have to over-exaggerate the turn and the peak sweeps round without hitting anything whilst the back end comes into line. Well, that’s the theory anyway :wink:

It’s a right laugh and you get to live in a wendy house cab too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Not for everyone, but I really like it.

Why feel sorry for him? Its patently obvious he hasn’t put himself in the right position for this manourve from the get-go. IMHO he should been well over to the right hand side of the junction and then right up into the centre of the junction before he started the left turn, yes idiot car drivers would have been running up his inside but he would have got round without too much hassle might have taken one shunt to straighten & miss the lights but he would have been able to do it.
Just goes to show that there are a lot of inexperienced drivers on our roads and they are not all from Poland.
And yes I do know what I am talking about.

Think I would have turned right and done a 360 at the next roundabout :unamused:

Martin:
Think I would have turned right and done a 360 at the next roundabout :unamused:

Think i would of took the traffic lights out.

To make it really intresting he needs a subaru legacy estate reversed out over the extensions.Then watch him sweat.

Tonyb

davepenn54:
Why feel sorry for him? Its patently obvious he hasn’t put himself in the right position for this manourve from the get-go. IMHO he should been well over to the right hand side of the junction and then right up into the centre of the junction before he started the left turn, yes idiot car drivers would have been running up his inside but he would have got round without too much hassle might have taken one shunt to straighten & miss the lights but he would have been able to do it.
Just goes to show that there are a lot of inexperienced drivers on our roads and they are not all from Poland.
And yes I do know what I am talking about.

:confused: :confused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

yes dave but on the other hand maybe it was his first week on transporters and it was a learning curve and now he will remember those lights next time he comes to them and he will laugh at himself for making a mess of it.

Reminds me of the time I was sat in the off side lane at a roundabout, waiting to go round to the third exit, with a Luton body (brand new of course). One of those came up my nearside and hey presto, a tin opener job. Bits of splintered furniture all over the place. :astonished: :laughing:

Thats coming out of Moor Lane onto Newark Road. Theres two lanes coming out of Moor lane, right for right, left for left and straight. From memory the street furnature on Newark road makes it narrower than it looks so a bit of splitting the road may of been called for. Think the council built a crossing there so narrowed down the actual main road with furnature and the path on the inside. Mainly as its right next to a rather large school.