Car Transporter driver

That would explain why theres always ansa wagons outside the Holiday Inn at Bermuda(nuneaton).

I had wondered about that myself.

the guys get a set amount per night out(rumored to be £120),they can spend it how they like,ie sleep in cab,get hotel etc…

off the subject slightly a neighbour close to me has his own low loader 1-2 cars max

he is a young man
he owns his own home
he drives a big 4x4

He hires expensive cars out to those whom have had an accident

is there money doing this work ■■

The amount of people that whinged about the Shell drivers at £40k!!!

I’m pleased they didn’t get wind of this!!

Blunder Man:
Big Big row as I recall awhile back about colored drivers at Fords, The TGWU and URTU were at each others throats, cannot recall details, and I think there was some tribunal hearings.

I also remember this big race relations row happening at the Dagenham plant, think it was the mid 80’s. IIRC complaints had been made to the TGWU that Ford’s transport dept; was operating a closed shop on the basis of colour and race so the branch insisted that the equal opps policy be enforced across all departments within Fords at Dagenham. Apparently a fistful of drivers decided they weren’t going to take any notice of the TGWU and slipped off and joined URTU who ‘allegedly’ weren’t as keen to get equal opps; enforced :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
I think the subsequent furure was between the unions and the agreements they seem to have in place about not poaching members from each other. Also I think that the TGWU came out on top, I’m almost sure there was some kind of civil judgement made about URTU’s behaviour and consequently equal opps; was enforced and black and asian workers were able to move out of the plant and onto the driving fleet.

I’m sure that the drivers are on a very good number and good on em.

Regards
Dave Penn

When I was a driver for Walon a few years ago, we used to talk to the drivers who’d been in the game for years.

They would tell us (and there was no reason to dis-believe) that they could earn more in the early eighties than they could now.

Those were the days of Abbey Hill & Toleman when transporter drivers could out earn the managers easily. Most of the terms & conditions have been passed on from that time.

Life’s a Gas:
When I was a driver for Walon a few years ago, we used to talk to the drivers who’d been in the game for years.

They would tell us (and there was no reason to dis-believe) that they could earn more in the early eighties than they could now.

Those were the days of Abbey Hill & Toleman when transporter drivers could out earn the managers easily. Most of the terms & conditions have been passed on from that time.

one old timer i used to work with reckoned in the mid eighties,they were doing a grand a week take home,and for two consecutive years got a new car as a pay rise.
looks like i got a job about 15 years too late. :frowning:

gogzy:
i know euromat and kindle530 are on great money for what they do and they have a great job that anyone would die for basically.

( language edit ) jd

:open_mouth: :laughing: :open_mouth: :laughing:

maverick72:

gogzy:
i know euromat and kindle530 are on great money for what they do and they have a great job that anyone would die for basically.

( language edit ) jd

what you cant use bloody?
wtf

gogzy:

maverick72:

gogzy:

( language edit ) jd

what you cant use bloody?
wtf

JD is this persons reincarnation

■■■■■■00:
off the subject slightly a neighbour close to me has his own low loader 1-2 cars max

he is a young man
he owns his own home
he drives a big 4x4

He hires expensive cars out to those whom have had an accident

is there money doing this work ■■

Accident management, If someone hits you and your car goes in for repair then he is supplying the courtesy car, he will be charging the insurance company at least £80 per day for the car (we used to do taxi’s at £95 a day a few year back).
1 week of the car being out has paid the drip and insurance for that month.

potman:
Hi all new to the forum. I recently met a fellow trucker at a wedding who works for Ford as a car transport driver. As we had a common interest I was moaning about my hours and pay in my current joba nd he said he was on £65k+ a year. I thought this was excessive and too good to be true? Looking at rates at agencies, though not fords, the average seemed more like £25-35K- Was I being spun a yarn to impress, or am i just in the wrong job?

Absolutely true, but as been said already you will not get a start with them, the process is union lead, regardless of what you may be told. Others in the same game can earn 35 - 42k without to much difficulty.