Car to c+e

Hi all, wanted to post a little about my experience so far.
On the whole it’s been pretty terrible! I wont name the company I have been using so far, but up to now ive had multiple reverse test failures one I will happily take responsibility for and the first I wont due to poor facilities/circumstances.
After finally passing my 3a I felt pretty confident, driving forwards was the easy bit I thought. I proved myself wrong there!

Several failures later and now in a position where my employer will no longer fund it I found myself questioning the trainer I was using, had I been getting enough actual tuition?
I felt a lack of feedback on what I was doing and wasn’t really being given the tools to understand why I was turning when I was for example. I even had one examiner explaining something to me after a fail that my instructor hadn’t mentioned in hours of training.
At the end of the day on my money I wanted a better opportunity at a pass, and someone else to take a look at how I drive and see where I was honestly at.

After much time spent on Google I found this forum and then followed on to looking at Peter smythe transport, I went for an assessment drive yesterday and it was a totally different experience, the staff were friendly and quick to get back to you on the phone and very welcoming when I got there a few minutes late after a flat on the a50. I got a good amount of feedback at the end of the drive and given an estimate of how many hours to iron out any flaws and learn the area.

I have until June to complete before I would have to do reverse test again and luckily it looks as though they are going to be able to fit that in for me.
Being honest before yesterday I was starting to feel totally despondent about the whole thing.

Sorry for the long first post but I hope it serves as a little bit of reinforcement to others out there to stick at it.

I just wanted to update this, I have now passed my c+e with pstt.

The difference in experience was enormous, the tuition from Chris was great I found myself enjoying the lessons and felt much better prepared!
I failed my first attempt at pstt through a mistake I made of my own doing but was quickly given a retest date before my reverse 3a expired and passed that, the staff on the day were great and I got a good pep talk from Chris beforehand which calmed me down a fair bit.

Overall if anyone is in the position I was in my original post go and get a second opinion and do your research on training centres its worth your time.

pass ce.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif