Car more powerful than your truck?

Looking through old photos I came across this picture of my old Sierra Cossie.
With all the tweaks and everything power output was around the 380 bhp mark. At the time I was tramping in a 325 BHP Sed atki (eurotech cab). On a friday evening the car used to feel very lively indeed! :smiley: , after crawling around all week in the underpowered truck. Used to look for splitter button on my car though! :blush:

Judging by the idiot mobiles there, it looks like a meeting of boy racers.

Do you wear a baseball hat backwards by any chance?.

Nice, back in the day i had a moonstone blue 3 door cosworth.

Was just over 500 ponies by the time i finished with her, but TBH it was a total ■■■■■■■ to drive, it’d wheelspin at virtually any speed in any gear even in the dry :open_mouth:

Was just over 500 ponies by the time i finished with her

hope the insurers knew that! Or no payout on a serious claim.

Oooh i had a 3 door Cossy in blue and a Sapph 4x4 too - got Evo5 now with 400bhp :slight_smile: are u lads on Passion Ford too ?

380bhp per tonne, but only 105bhp at the wheel, for me :smiley:

Doesn’t wheelspin through the gears but lifts the front all floaty light about a foot through the gears to 110ish (so I imagine anyway having read the gearing charts, officer) :smiley:

So are we all Ex cossie drivers on here then ■■ :laughing:
Here’s my old stage 3 Sapph.

Car more powerful than my truck ?

No , but it could pull it …

Yep my car was alot more powerful than my truck.

I had this motor chipped, tuned with a hybrid turbo and reinforced piston rings and rods. Plus a load of other mods done to it, and it was running at 520hp. Great in the dry with the four wheel steer, but in the wet it was quicker to get out and walk lol

I was gutted when i had to sell it, but it was the car or the baby that had to go. Tough decision :unamused:

BHP and HP are not the same don’t quote me its been a long time since i’ve had to remember this [zb] but your BHP figure is at the flywheel not having done any work yet. HP is once the engine has gone through the drive chain and got the truck moving. ( I think ) so you can’t match like for like

opps time to go thought i was in the truck net forum not piston heads :laughing:

Whilst the Cossie et al may have 380BHP, they’ve not a lot of torque so there’s no way they’d pull 38 tonnes anywhere near as quickly as a lorry. In addition, the lorries “moving” power is very low down in the rev range compared to a car where it’s above 4000RPM.

Conor:
Whilst the Cossie et al may have 380BHP, they’ve not a lot of torque so there’s no way they’d pull 38 tonnes anywhere near as quickly as a lorry. In addition, the lorries “moving” power is very low down in the rev range compared to a car where it’s above 4000RPM.

The RPM differencc is just petrol versus diesel, your right on the torque front though, a 480 truck has about 1000ft/pounds i think :open_mouth:

me 2 ive had three cossie’s 2 saffs and a ■■■■■■ my last saff had 400 bhp just got rid a rew months ago … :frowning:

My motor would pull the front end off any of those cars in a tug of war :laughing:

PaulJC79:

Conor:

The RPM differencc is just petrol versus diesel, your right on the torque front though, a 480 truck has about 1000ft/pounds i think :open_mouth:

more like 1600 ft/pounds :wink:

Never mind your plastic fords and your jap crap …
This is what you want for proper pulling power …
:wink:

[/img]

paul@midway:
Never mind your plastic fords and your jap crap …
This is what you want for proper pulling power …
:wink:

[/img]

Only if you can make it as quick as my bike :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Chav central on here is it?

I know… lets have a TruckNet meet every Friday down the local Maccy D’s then we can all rev our engines and shout lots.

Nowt chavvy about a land rover of course…but the rest of you!

Innit mate!

Scarab:
Chav central on here is it?

I know… lets have a TruckNet meet every Friday down the local Maccy D’s then we can all rev our engines and shout lots.

Nowt chavvy about a land rover of course…but the rest of you!

Innit mate!

Look’s like one of the ats blokes :smiley: and his missus :smiley: