Car microtransactions!

I’ve read multiple times that the big screens in new cars (especially BEV’s) are going to be the next big money grab real estate for car companies because they’re not going to make their money on parts/servicing. Are we going to see a lot of extras going on a OTA DLC for these new cars as BMW have just announced that they’re selling heated seat subscriptions for $18/month :open_mouth: What’s next? Airbags for $50/month :open_mouth: The comments section is very telling on the way the auto industry is heading.
theverge.com/2022/7/12/2320 … ts-feature

Air con free in winter , £100 in June , July , August and September :laughing:

blue estate:
Air con free in winter , £100 in June , July , August and September :laughing:

LOL Seems a lot of BMW drivers haven’t paid their monthly subscription for turn signals either :grimacing:

But don’t people pay extra anyway , my mrs car is a st2 fiesta yet it has every single option a st3 has , cruise , auto aircon , etc etc etc + sensors / reversing camera
It makes no sense to pay all that money out to make it a st3 , it would of been cheaper to buy a st3 , but someone did , we even queried if it was a st3 , salesman said they did when it came in
Think my daughters head lights ( led ) were £500, think panoramic roof was £1,000 , bigger wheels god nknows how much , but someone paid it
Let’s be honest the biggest con is paying for a spare wheel , cars years ago always had them
My mrs has heated seats & she wouldn’t buy another car without them , gives her rosy cheeks apparently , , there nice but wouldn’t bother me if car had them or not , I’d not pay a subscription for them , but I’ve no doubt she would