Car insurance

I am in no way associated or affiliated to the following insurance co but if you’re looking to renew I’d strongly suggest having a look at quotemehappy.com. I’ve just renewed with them after 4 years with Cornmarket/Adelaide and their premium was a massive 50% cheaper! Just in case anyone is looking.

I’m still with Cornmarket but I noticed a big change at renewal time this year when they were extremely reluctant to beat the cheapest quote I had from Confused.com, something they had always readily done. In the end I told Paddy O’Murphy on the phone that he either beat the price or I would walk and he very grudgingly did so, to be sure to be sure.

They (Cornmarket) have always beaten the cheapest quote I’ve had Harry. I understand that they are running a business and as such profit is King, but this time it just ■■■■■■ me off that they like Vodafone, Sky et al seem to give a ridiculous first quote. My thoughts are they should be giving me, a loyal customer their best quote in the first instance! ■■■■ 'em, in future I’m a shop around ■■■■■.

I too moved away from Cornmarket (formerly Adelaide) this year.
As usual the renewal was overpriced, but what did it for me was after a bloody whole hour on the phone, a sodding hour :imp: , two policies, during which time i had to listen to that infernal bloody recording of all the small print, twice, said recording presumably made on a wax cylinder circa 1863 :unamused: , could barely understand a sodding word :unamused: , they still couldn’t get anywhere near Direct Line’s quote.
DL efficient on the phone and subtitles not needed, all done and dusted as a new policy in 20 minutes flat.

Also moved the house insurance to DL when that came up, that was near enough half of the previous insurer’s renewal too.

I try to stay with people, but am heartily fed up to the back teeth with being taken for a mug, none more so than bloody British Gas, which was the first of many companies dumped (and we will never return) when we got t’internet and found out just how much we were being taken for a ride.

Arn’t ‘quote me unhappy’ summat to do with the late Norwich Union…if so i could never deal with them as they treated me appallingly when i had a completely blame free accident in my 20’s, their call centre female (presumably) actually laughingly took the ■■■■ out of me on the phone, lost me no claims to boot and all because they insured the corporation bus which drove into me so called it knock for knock but still paid for the bus repairs from my policy…told me if i took the bus company to court and won they would re-instate my NCD, yeah course, young sole breadwinner wagon drivers in the 70’s spent half their time suing major companies and winning :imp:

sorry for the rant :blush:

Aaaaaaaaand breathe! :smiley: :smiley: btw Juddian, great to meet you this morning. It’s always a pleasant surprise to meet someone who you can actually hold a conversation with.

the maoster:
Aaaaaaaaand breathe! :smiley: :smiley: btw Juddian, great to meet you this morning. It’s always a pleasant surprise to meet someone who you can actually hold a conversation with.

Likewise Maoster, good to meet you, the pleasure was all mine :sunglasses:

I had to bin cornmarket off this year as well.

Told the lad on the phone what I had been offered elsewhere and he didn’t even try and compete, which they have done in previous years.

the maoster:
I am in no way associated or affiliated to the following insurance co but if you’re looking to renew I’d strongly suggest having a look at quotemehappy.com. I’ve just renewed with them after 4 years with Cornmarket/Adelaide and their premium was a massive 50% cheaper! Just in case anyone is looking.

Hadn’t seen this post when you told me about this yesterday on phone.
Was too late, the Mrs re.insured my new motor with Cornmarket/Adelaide already.
Dare not get another quote off q.m.h. as it will just ■■■■ depress me for wkend. :smiley:

Be a bit quicker to tell me next time you can save me money man ffs!

:wink: :laughing:

Juddian:

the maoster:

I bet he made YOU buy the coffees Juddian. :laughing:

robroy:

Juddian:

the maoster:

I bet he made YOU buy the coffees Juddian. :laughing:

well…no possibility where we were both (un) loading, however i did promise him a cup/mug/glass of whatever brew desired some time ago should we meet, so when the time comes it’s my round anyway :imp: :laughing:

See Maoster you didn’t need to bugger off sharpish cos it was my round anyway :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

what he doesn’t know is whilst i’m getting the coffees in, i’ll hand him the polish and rags and point to the fuel tank…whats the betting he tells me to sod off :blush:

Just remembered, what was that about deep pockets and short arms Maoster, can’t quite recall who you warned me about :wink:

Tell you what J, more chance of going to an Elvis concert or solving Brexit than getting these two ^ to dip in their pockets :unamused:

Rob’s usual trick is the immortal line " I’ve left my cash in the wagon ", often trumped by Maoster’s ’ urgent ’ phone call ’ :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Well he is from the icy northern wastelands Juddian where electricity is a novelty so the idea of exchanging strange metallic objects for goods is an alien concept! :wink:

eagerbeaver:
Tell you what J, more chance of going to an Elvis concert or solving Brexit than getting these two ^ to dip in their pockets :unamused:

Rob’s usual trick is the immortal line " I’ve left my cash in the wagon ", often trumped by Maoster’s ’ urgent ’ phone call ’ :laughing:

Sounds about right for old lags :smiling_imp: , my mate’s just as bad, his round is when it’s a 15p machine, my turn when it’s Greggs, note not CostaStarbucks.