Car insurance

Yes I know this has probably been covered in an old thread covered in dust now.

Had my renewel quote through from 1st capital at £405

After some research in here I found out about that Adelaide/Cornmarket insurance company. Offering me a better policy for £360!

So I’d just like to say thanks to anyone who mentioned them on here, saved me some cash!

Also, some of the best customer service I’ve had in the phone, didn’t try to push me into doing anything straight away or go on about how great they are. Straight to the point, what was your renewel, what prices have you found online, this is what we can do, have a think about it.

Anyone else here have any experience putting a claim in through them?

My insurance is a small fortune because I live in greater London . it’s the wrong side of 600 a year
If I lived at my mums it would be about 180
10 years ncb and knocking 50

Odd thing is my last car was a 1.4si festia and was 400 the new car is a 330 convertible and is about 20 groups higher but only 200 more

joe royal:
My insurance is a small fortune because I live in greater London . it’s the wrong side of 600 a year

Odd thing is my last car was a 1.4si festia and was 400 the new car is a 330 convertible and is about 20 groups higher but only 200 more

Is that with SAGA? :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

joe royal:

Not quite old enough to be a Saga lout but not long to go .

joe royal:

Evil8Beezle:

joe royal:

Not quite old enough to be a Saga lout but not long to go .

You and me both! :smiley: And I’m grateful I can drive a sporty car for £300-400 a year, what roundabout■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just moved house …downsized in a big way and bought a Skoda Octavia Vrs Black edition estate and we only paid £326 through Sheila’s wheels and that’s with a 20000 miles per annum limit with all sorts of extras thrown in like a free hire car in case the worst happens, It goes like a rocket ship too !
The old Subaru Forester cost us fifty quid less and was a donkey in comparison.
I did shop about as the worst quote was £681 by Direct line, how they can be so different beats me.

Hammy747:
Yes I know this has probably been covered in an old thread covered in dust now.

Had my renewel quote through from 1st capital at £405

After some research in here I found out about that Adelaide/Cornmarket insurance company. Offering me a better policy for £360!

So I’d just like to say thanks to anyone who mentioned them on here, saved me some cash!

Also, some of the best customer service I’ve had in the phone, didn’t try to push me into doing anything straight away or go on about how great they are. Straight to the point, what was your renewel, what prices have you found online, this is what we can do, have a think about it.

Anyone else here have any experience putting a claim in through them?

I run a 308 sport 1.6 fully comp for me and the wife £243 through Adelaide / Cornmarket it helps if you are an Institute Advanced Motorist member
Like you say no hassle no pressure,phone call a few weeks before renewal,e-mail and print your Policy could not be easier.
Can`t help about making a claim

Are we not all rather fed-up with paying for the boy racer’s claims down the road?

“Red Lining” should be illegal. If insurance comanies want to ramp up a spotless driver’s premiums thanks to a nob down the street… They can surely afford to pay even higher premiums to cut the rest of us out of the equation altogether?

If this kind of business practice is allowed to continue, - we’ll see haulage yards cutting everyone’s pay - following a series of accidents by a small percentage of the workforce… :open_mouth:

Been with Kwik Fit for 6 years.
Never claimed.
£577 for tpf&f for a Mondeo.
Confused.Com got me £154 fully comprehensive.

Shop around.
Insurers are pirates.
The longer you stay the more they’ll screw you.

Steve66:
Been with Kwik Fit for 6 years.
Never claimed.
£577 for tpf&f for a Mondeo.
Confused.Com got me £154 fully comprehensive.

Shop around.
Insurers are pirates.
The longer you stay the more they’ll screw you.

It’s been that way for years, and why insurance companies auto-renew your policy at a higher premium year on year. You can always get a better deal shopping around each year, and normally your current insurer will match it.

One year I had the insurance company i was leaving, demand details of my new insurer. They claimed this was on the grounds that they had a legal duty to ensure I had insurance. So I asked them to put this in writing to me, and include details of the relevant laws, but that letter never arrived…

I think it was just a trick to try and find out who they were losing customers to…

whatever you do…DO NOT STOP YOUR CAR INSURANCE for more than 2 years ,I did and I was with the same company for 14 plus years so built up a decent no claims ,anyhow due to circumstances didn’t need a car after 2 yrs went to buy a car .rung around obviously with the company I was with before ,they wanted to start me off as a new driver paying more than a neighbour who had just passed his test …tried a few more same reply all sorted now but what a ball ache

If my insurance isn’t south of £200 per year (FC, PNC, legal & more inc) I’m usually unhappy. All for a 3-4 yr old TDi VW. I can’t remember when I paid more.
The joys of living near the Stockyard :smiley:

£180 a year fully comp on a 2010 Mondeo, 15k a year plus unlimited business mileage (non-reward).

Joys of living in an area with the joint lowest crime rate in the country.

HAIRYGORILLA:
whatever you do…DO NOT STOP YOUR CAR INSURANCE for more than 2 years ,I did and I was with the same company for 14 plus years so built up a decent no claims ,anyhow due to circumstances didn’t need a car after 2 yrs went to buy a car .rung around obviously with the company I was with before ,they wanted to start me off as a new driver paying more than a neighbour who had just passed his test …tried a few more same reply all sorted now but what a ball ache

Last time I look Aviva and CIS would both accept no claims bonus that was three years or under old

Conor:
£180 a year fully comp on a 2010 Mondeo, 15k a year plus unlimited business mileage (non-reward).

Joys of living in an area with the joint lowest crime rate in the country.

Does that mean “Joint England with Wales” vs Scotland & Northern Ireland? :smiling_imp: