Car insurance help

Rang in details of damage to car( bumper,grille,bonnet,wings,screen,oil ■■■■■■■ out,water ■■■■■■■ out,engine looks pushed back.
Women on phone said total loss :confused: ,don’t they need to look at it these days,am I safe to buy another motor :question: ,don’t want to buy a new one and them tell us there going to repair it.
Mrs ok so that’s the main thing :wink: ,zb fuming that car stopped in front of here :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: ta

dozy:
Rang in details of damage to car( bumper,grille,bonnet,wings,screen,oil ■■■■■■■ out,water ■■■■■■■ out,engine looks pushed back.
Women on phone said total loss :confused: ,don’t they need to look at it these days,am I safe to buy another motor :question: ,don’t want to buy a new one and them tell us there going to repair it.
Mrs ok so that’s the main thing :wink: ,zb fuming that car stopped in front of here :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: ta

if they say its total loss get it in writing

So your Mrs had a bump I take it?
I’d guess the car is undriveable, from your description of the visible damage.
It’ll still have to be towed away and it’ll still have to be checked over by a proper insurance assessor before they contact you with their initial offer. It shouldn’t take long.
(I managed to drive into a motorway barrier, I was contacted 3 working days later)
It sounds like write off type damage to me. So I think you’ll be safe enough getting started on finding a replacement. I’d leave signing any contracts till after your insurance have confirmed that it’s definitely [zb]ed, if you think there’s any chance it’s repairable.

Glad she’s ok.
Expect a bit of medical shock anyway, thats not :open_mouth: type shock.
No alcohol, hot sweet tea, support and cuddles on tap are the cure. Cuddles, behave :slight_smile:

IME, they even come to look at total burn outs before officially committing to any decision !

But, depending on the book value of your car, then they might very well comment that it’s a write off over the phone.

Was it a non fault accident on the part of your missus?

If it was, then she’s entitled to a hire car at the expense of the at fault drivers insurance.

If its an older car they will tell you its a write off if its obvious the repair out weighs the value

Chas:
Was it a non fault accident on the part of your missus

does it sound that way mr capt of industry :smiley:
lots of front end damage due to car in front stopping :smiley: then ramming it in reverse and backing into dozys missus :smiley:

Thanks all,we’re going to hang on until we get it confirmed in writing it is a write off/ total loss.
There’s various witnesses and they say car came out of car park the wrong way,there’s a entry and a exit,he came flying out entry and didn’t stop ,car in front of mrs thought they were going to collide with car comming out of car park but did manage to stop,mrs didn’t.
Mrs was shocked,thinking why did they just do a emergency stop as you’d not normally expect a car to come out car park that way,but know facts now,it’s just one of those things,and although there are mitigating circumstances she/ we except his her fault for not stopping/ rear ending car infront.
She’s entitled to a courtesy car but doesn’t want one,so I’ve left it at that and will sort her out when we know yes/ no for whether they’ll repair her car
Ta