Car Fuel at supermarkets

Something about which I’ve complained several times happening in France.About to be introduced in the UK when refuelling by card is to charge your bank account £100 before allowing you to refuel.You then get charged for the fuel drawn and refunded the balance.But how soon?System approved by Mastercard and Visa.Allowing banks to earn a little interest sitting on your money for a day or two.

I’m restarting using cash for everything again, too many people including me have fallen for this digi money scam (the excuse for is to help prevent passing the seasonal flu on) and that stops now, suggest those who don’twant to live in the Chinese Communist Party social credit system they have planned for us as part of their dystopian ■■■■■■■■■ fantasies does the same.

Won’t be filling at Asda again (almost never do anyway) cos pay at pump only.
Anyone else who doesn’t want cash won’t need to worry about my darkening their doorstep again.

Never fill up at supermarkets, cheap fuel ,low quality,

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

rearaxle:

100% correct no additives in it crap, only put bp ultimate in mine and she purrs.

Gidders:
Something about which I’ve complained several times happening in France.About to be introduced in the UK when refuelling by card is to charge your bank account £100 before allowing you to refuel.You then get charged for the fuel drawn and refunded the balance.But how soon?System approved by Mastercard and Visa.Allowing banks to earn a little interest sitting on your money for a day or two.

Provided the online system is working correctly, you will be charged only for the fuel actually drawn.

When you insert your card, the garage system attempts to authorise a £100 charge against your account. If the bank accepts this request, that £100 is “reserved” and the pump will allow you to draw up to £100 of fuel. When you close down the pump, that “reserved” figure is updated to the actual amount drawn. At no point does the full £100 leave your account (unless you actually draw that amount of fuel…).

If your account doesn’t have £100 available, the bank system will propose a lower amount instead, and the pump will only allow you to draw this lower amount of fuel.

It should all take place in Real Time - although I’d does depend on reliable online communication.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

m.a.n rules:

rearaxle:

100% correct no additives in it crap, only put bp ultimate in mine and she purrs.

Well…
Crap? Low quality?
Might not have some additives that branded fuels have, but it is up to the same basic spec. If you reckon the difference is worth it fine, your choice. For myself, I`ve never noticed any difference in quality.
which.co.uk/news/2020/09/su … d-to-know/

I, for one - would be very vulnerable to such a move with my current poor cashflow…

BUT…

Is any of this actually True?

… Or just a scare story to sabotage supermarkets’ cashflows?

I filled up at Asda last night. The machine said “Authorizing £1” NOT £100…

There’s less than a ton in there, so if they’d tried to authorize £100 - the computer says no…
And you have to authorize it before you can draw fuel don’t forget, so there’s no chance of one “not having the means before filling up”…

When drawing fuel at unattended pumps in France,this has been the norm for several years.
I was prompted to start this thread by an email sent to me by “Go Compare” when enquiring about something else.

I always fuel up at Sainsbury’s & push the kiosk button & pay in there ( card ) , Think I have used Asda in Grantham on very odd occasion & there’s a kiosk there , x Amount of pumps for pay on pumps / x amount for pay at kiosk .
Cash , I can’t remember the last time I paid for anything by cash , do get mrs £30 cash for work , meals etc
Only thing I did notice the other week was the vouchers you got for double nectar points if you brought £30 worth of fuel at Sainsbury’s now stated £30 of super unleaded , but this week we’re back to £30 of fuel , so maybe a few moaned like me at customer services