Car Ferries to Ireland from up North

So I’m looking at taking myself and the car to Ireland and want the best price for myself and the car

1. Heysham- do they do car ferries or only HGVs to Belfast

2. Stranraer- I heard a story they dont operate out of there any more
    Is this true then if so where is the nearest

3. Liverpool and Birkenhead- they run Dublin and Belfast
    which one should be the cheapest and with whom

Thanks in advance

Graham said they will have A whip round in the George and all put a tenner in for your ferry; one way only like

Stranraer is closed now but stena p&o and seatruck operate out of cairnryan now which is only ten mins up the road from Stranraer and would be most likely the cheapest place to cross I think it’s about 1 and half hour crossing

birkenhead is 1 day and 1 night sailing,ridiculous price and its the nearest equivelant of prison with the option of drowning…8 hours of boredom…just drive to cairnryan 5 mins past stranraer.theres only 1 road so dead easy…p&o will always be cheaper than stena,dont book,just turn up and go,the 2 terminals are 2 mins apart,so if you just miss the p&o,then 2 mins to stena. theres about 7 sailings a day with p&o and same with stena.if you go birkenhead itl land 6-30 a.m and 6.30 pm…leaves at 10.30 each way. £50 a cabin,that you wont get a kip in as the tannoy ■■■■■ will start yakking about 5 a.m…always easier with cairn/belfast/larne. 2 hours crossing.

I’d say go Cairnryan as well :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
.p&o will always be cheaper than stena,dont book,just turn up and go,

how much do you think for me and the old car